- Plan & Prepare
- Pricing Right
from the Start
- Marketing to
- Stage & Show
- Close &
PLAN & PREPARE TO SELL YOUR HOME
Planning to sell your home in the near future? Here are some quick tips to help you get on the path to moving.
- Begin to think about the transaction as a business deal. Remove emotions & concentrate on achieving your goals.
Determine your goals.
Be sure to have a range from what’s ideal to what’s acceptable.
- Financial: How much can you make from the sale.
- Timing: Is there a specific time period you are looking to sell within.
- Make repairs or improvements. Replace broken tiles, fix leaky faucets, ceiling cracks, resurface driveways, etc.
- Consider renting a storage unit. Most homes show better with less furniture and more open space.
- De-clutter. Find a place to store all those un-necessary items to make your home more attractive.
- Re-organize. Make sure closets and drawers are neatly organized as potential buyers will often look behind the scenes.
- Depersonalize. Remove personal photos, religious or political items so people don’t get distracted and can picture themselves living in your home.
- Clean & refresh. Repaint, wash windows, wax floors, dust everything.
- Make sure your home has curb appeal. Makes sure to keep the exterior of your home groomed. Manicure the lawn & shrubs, clear sidewalks, fix broken gutters and paint if needed.
- Consider buying a home warranty. This not only allows for repairs to be paid for up until you sell your home, but it is a great differentiator when buyers are considering homes to purchase.
Want More Info? Sign up for a valuable e-newsletter to help you sell your home.