MLS (Multiple Listing Service)
Below is a quick overview of what to expect when you purchase an MLS Listing from ForSaleByOwner.com.
- Step 1: Purchase a package that includes an MLS listing or upgrade your package to include MLS.
- Step 2: A Broker Affiliate will contact you via e-mail within 2 business days of your purchase with instructions on how to complete the MLS paperwork.
- Step 3: You must complete the paperwork and fax it back to the Broker Affiliate. When you complete this paperwork, you must indicate what you are willing to pay the buyer's agent - this must be between 2-3% of the sale price of your home.
- Step 4: The Broker Affiliate will post four photos of your property on the MLS and Realtor.com. The Broker Affiliate will provide instructions on how to submit your photos to them. It is highly recommended that you post photos for maximum results.
- Step 5: Once your paperwork is completed and submitted to the Broker Affiliate, your property will be placed on your local MLS within 1 business day. You will receive e-mail notification from your Broker Affiliate that your home has been successfully listed in the MLS along with a copy of your listing to review.
- Step 6: Your property will be uploaded to Realtor.com within 72 hours of being listed on the MLS. Note: Realtor.com is not the MLS, but a stand alone website for Realtors to expose their MLS listings to the public.
Please note: This process may vary slightly based upon the geographic location of your property due to variances in the rules of MLS boards around the country, which are beyond the control of ForSaleByOwner.com. There are additional fees in some areas. Realtor.com is not available in Virginia Beach, VA.
Please contact Customer Support for rules and regulations in your area.