|Featured home: 201 Seminary Dr., Dyer, IN 46311
Listing ID 23963174
Have you noticed sales in your area have started to slow down? You’re not alone. As mortgage interest rates increased, pending home sales dipped slightly in July, according to the National Association of Realtors (NAR). Dr. Lawrence Yun, NAR chief economist, said the dip is not something to be worried about. “The modest decline in sales is not yet concerning, and contract activity remains elevated with the South and Midwest showing no measurable slowdown. However, higher mortgage interest rates and rising home prices are impacting monthly contract activity in the high-cost regions of the Northeast and the West.”
Keep in mind, mortgage rates are still lower than they’ve been in years and buyers are eager to make a move before they jump again. These attention grabbers are guaranteed to boost buyer interest in your home now.
1. Give them a sign. Since house hunters tend to scout out neighborhoods before looking at specific homes, and 80% of all homes on the market use yard signs, professional yard signs are one of the most important tools any seller can use. It pays to invest in a professional yard sign to get noticed.
2. Let buyers take your home home with them. A great property flyer will sell buyers on your home before they step in the front door; it can also sell them after the open house. Here are 10 ways to help your sales flyer make a lasting impression.
3. Don’t skimp on photos! The first introduction buyers have to your home will probably be through the photos on your listing. Follow a few practical photo-taking tips to make them look their best. We’ve also found that sellers get more email inquiries when they have 6+ photos.
4. Look at your home in a different light. Pretend you are a potential buyer walking up to your door for the first time. What do you notice? Do you need to wash the windows? Repair small cracks in the sidewalk? Don’t forget: Curb appeal doesn’t end when the sun goes down.
5. Put your social network to work. Have you posted photos of your home to your Facebook, Twitter and/or Pinterest pages? Even if your friends aren’t looking to buy, chances are they know someone who is. Try these five quick tips on how to use social media to sell your home.
Keeping reading: 9 tips for a successful showing (and a printable checklist)
What tactics have you used to attract more buyers?