Refinance Interest Savings
How much interest can you save if you refinance your mortgage? This calculator helps you find out! Enter the specifics about your current mortgage, along with your current appraised value, new loan term, rate and closing costs. We will then determine how much interest refinancing can save you. In addition, we calculate the number of months it will take to breakeven on closing costs with your reduced monthly payment.
- Appraised home value
- Current market value of your home.
- Original loan amount
- Total amount for your original mortgage.
- Original rate
- Annual percentage rate of your original mortgage.
- Original term in years
- The total number of years for your original mortgage.
- Number of payments made
- The total number of payments you have made on your original mortgage.
- Annual property taxes
- Your annual property taxes.
- Annual home insurance
- Your annual home owners insurance premium.
- Monthly PMI
- The amount you pay each month for PMI. This is usually your 0.5 percent of your loan amount, if you have less than 20% equity in your home.
- Current PITI
- Current monthly Principal, Interest, Taxes and Insurance payment.
- New rate
- Annual percentage rate of your new mortgage.
- New term
- The total number of years for your new mortgage.
- New mortgage balance
- Total amount for your new refinanced mortgage. This amount is equal to your current balance on your original mortgage. Closing costs and prepayment penalties are assumed to be paid at the time of closing. Closing costs are not added to your new mortgage balance.
- Closing costs
- Total fees and other costs associated with the new mortgage and paid at the time of closing. This calculator assumes that all closing costs are paid with proceeds other than the new mortgage (closing costs are not added to the total for your new mortgage amount).
- New PITI
- New monthly Principal, Interest, Taxes and Insurance payment.
- New Loan to Value
- Total loan amount divided by the appraised value of your home.
Information and interactive calculators are made available to you as self-help tools for your independent use. We can not and do not guarantee their accuracy or their applicability to your circumstances. We encourage you to seek personalized advice from qualified professionals regarding all personal finance issues.