A Great Sales Flyer
Whether you call it a property flyer or a listing brochure, the truth is a sales flyer can help you sell your house even when you’re not around. A terrific listing flyer allows buyers to carry their good impression of your home back to their home. Here’s how to create a great sales flyer to market (and sell) your home.
- Organize your flyer to complement your home showing presentation. The flyer/brochure is what potential buyers take away from a home visit. The won’t forget important features and benefits of your property if you list them on the flyer.
- Make sure your message is consistent. Use the same terminology and details in all your ads—online listings, the flyer and local publications.
- Choose an uncluttered picture of your house from its best angle. Close-ups tend to focus attention, so use a close-up of your home’s best feature. Make sure no family members or pets are in the photos.
- Don’t forget to feature the price of your property prominently.
- When you sit down to write a description about your home for your property flyer, always follow a feature with a benefit that answers the buyers’ unspoken “What’s in it for me?” Here are a few examples to get you started:
- Neighborhood – new friends for children, family, quiet, safe
- Convenience – walk to public transportation, schools, closeness of shopping
- Condition of home – well maintained, new appliances, new floors, new furnace or roof
- Home Warranty – no unexpected additional expenses
- School System – reinforce the positive elements of the school district’s reputation, i.e. “award-winning” or “friendly”
- Last – but not least – remember to include your street address and all contact information with a cordial message to the prospect.
- When you’re ready to make copies:
- Color conveys a warmer message than black & white, so print your flyer in color.
- Paper quality is very important. Cheap paper undermines your presentation and tends to get thrown away.
- Hang your brochure box on the for sale sign on your front lawn and keep it filled.
- Replace flyers if they become wet from rain or snow.
Luckily, when you sign up for a package on ForSaleByOwner.com, we’ll walk you through the process of creating a property listing ad and automatically generate property flyers to help get you started.
Now for the bad news: A sales flyer can’t make up for a bad home presentation or a poorly orchestrated Open House, or any number of things that you should address before a potential buyer sets foot in your premises. The most beautiful flyer can’t remove negative impression a potential buyers receives when visiting a poorly prepared property. So make sure that you prepare your home for showing first.