To cancel your ad:
- Click here to login
- Click Cancel Listing
- You will be prompted to answer a short survey before canceling your listing
- After you have completed the short survey, click Cancel My Ad
- You will receive on-screen cancellation confirmation and your ad will be deactivated immediately
Please Note: If you did not receive on-screen cancellation confirmation, your ad has not been cancelled.
At ForSaleByOwner.com we make every effort to ensure that our database of properties is as up to date as possible. Our buyers expect our home listings to be accurate and fresh. For this reason, all listings have an expiration date which can be extended simply by logging in to your Selling Center and clicking Extend Listing.
If your listing reaches the expiration date, we will send out a courtesy e-mail to ask if your property is still for sale. If we don’t get an e-mail back from you then your listing will be deactivated until you request to have it reactivated.
To reactivate your listing, simply login to your Selling Center and click Activate. If you are unable to login and activate your listing please contact Customer Support. If your listing has been deactivated for more than 6 months, please allow 7 days to retrieve your information and reactivate your listing. We’re sorry, listings that are left inactive for more than 12 months are purged from our system and cannot be reactivated.
You can edit your ad whenever you would like and as often as you would like. To edit your ad follow the steps below.
- Click here to Login to your Selling Center. Or, click Login at the top right hand corner of any page.
- Click Edit Listing.
- Make changes to your listing.
- After you have made your changes, click Preview Ad to see a sample of your listing or click Save Changes to save your listing. Do not click your browser’s back button or you may lose your changes.
- After you click Save Changes, you will receive on-screen confirmation that your changes have been saved.
Please Contact Support if you need assistance editing your ad.
Yes, you may. We keep your information in our database for up to 12 months. If you wish to deactivate your ad, you will need to contact Customer Support.
When you are ready to reactivate your listing, simply login to your Selling Center and click Activate. If you are unable to login and activate your listing please contact Customer Support. If your listing has been deactivated for more than 6 months, please allow 7 days to retrieve your information and reactivate your listing. We’re sorry, listings that are left inactive for more than 12 months are removed from our system and cannot be reactivated.
To cancel your Featured Home listing:
- Click here to login
- Click Cancel below the notification for the feature that you have
- You will be prompted to click Confirm Cancellation
- You will then receive on-screen cancellation confirmation.
Please Note: If you did not receive on-screen cancellation confirmation, the feature has not been cancelled.
You can purchase any feature available on our site, individually. Available features include MLS*, distribution to our affiliate sites, unlimited photos, Featured Home, and Video Tour.
If you currently have a listing with ForSaleByOwner.com and you would like to purchase additional features go to the Features and Upgrades page of your Selling Center for more information and to purchase. Or contact Customer Support for assistance.
*MLS is not available in all areas
Most of our affiliate websites have a separate real estate section where our listings are posted. Some of these websites have more than one type of search, so make sure you are searching for "For Sale By Owner" or "resale" properties, not agent listed properties.
Some reasons that your listing may not be posted on one or all affiliate websites:
- Does the package you purchased include our affiliate websites? If not, you will need to login and upgrade your listing.
- Did you just create your ad? Please expect it to take 24 hours after activating your ad for your property to appear on our affiliate sites
- Does your listing address match USPS's mailing address? Please check your property address to the mailing address on the United States Postal Service’s website. If your street address, city, state, or zip code are not correct Yahoo.com will not accept your listing
- Is your listing posted as a Vacation Property or New Construction? Yahoo.com will not accept these property types. If you would like your listing posted on Yahoo.com, you should select an alternate property type for your listing.
Still can’t find your listing? Contact Customer Support for assistance.
Please note: Depending on the location of your property and other factors, one or more of our affiliate websites may reject your listing. In these cases, we will do our best to get your property posted. Unfortunately, in rare circumstances, we may not able to post your listing on one or more of our affiliate sites since we do not control the listing criteria for these websites. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Q: How does publishing my listing on Zillow help me sell my home by owner?
A: By choosing a listing with ForSaleByOwner.com, your home listing will be seen by Zillow, Trulia and ForSaleByOwner.com visitors who are looking for homes in your neighborhood.
The Zillow and Trulia Network is visited by over 90 million Internet users monthly, which translates to roughly 3 million visitors daily. The Zillow and Trulia Real Estate Network is the largest real estate destination online, attracting nearly one third of all real estate traffic.
Q: Does being included on the Zillow and Trulia Real Estate Network mean that I don’t need Realtor.com and MLS listings?
A: For maximum exposure to the greatest number of potential buyers, you will want to ensure that your listing is seen on all the real estate supersites – Realtor.com, as well as and your local MLS.
Q: When will my listing on the Zillow and Trulia Real Estate Network expire?
A: All ForSaleByOwner.com listings receive a standard listing on Zillow.com and Trulia until the account is cancelled.
Q: What if the ‘Zestimate’ is not the same as my asking price?
A: Both Zillow’s ‘Zestimate’ and the Home Value Estimator offered by ForSaleByOwner.com are computer-generated valuations (using different methodologies). All computer-generated reports are a good place to start researching the market value of your home, but a formal appraisal is the only measure of market value that is accepted by mortgage lenders. In the event that you think some of the information on your “Zestimate” is incorrect, you can go here to update the information Zillow has on file. A formal appraisal always trumps computer-generated value estimates from all sources.