|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
WILL TAKE PHONE CALLS ONLY ON THIS LISTING, NO EMAILS PLEASE, CALL IF YOU ARE INTERESTED: 937-747-2616
Welcome to what can be your own private paradise of Woods & Wildlife.
This land measures about 1,600 feet in depth and about 800 feet wide (frontage) and thus is almost a perfect 2 x 1 rectangle. It and the surrounding areas are of a pleasing, gentle rolling nature, though less obvious in the woods due to the undergrowth.
It is currently under the CAUV (Current Agriculture Use Value) program, as forest and thus has a very low appraisal value and tax assessment.
The woods portion, about 85-90% of the total area, has a mix of maples, oaks, cherries, elms, hedge apples, some walnuts, wild apples and beech and many are 100 to 200 years old.
The center front area, south side, along the road, is a grassy pasture about 3-4 acres as for over 10 years I had sheep. It could easily hold a few cows or horses. Also on site are three small to medium barn buildings, made of electric poles and white oak or ash with concrete floors. There is also a sturdy tool building made of treated lumber.
It is lived on. The well, septic and electric are in place along with gravel driveways of a thick base with turnouts, etc. My residence is an older mobile home which you can use for storage and or live in while you build your dream home.
The main trail snakes through the woods and is over a quarter mile long. The property has a bridge and a low water crossing, both of which easily support a full-size pick-up loaded with firewood. In the NE corner is what is known as Pothole Pond. It is a remnant of the last ice age, when about 10,000 years ago a chunk of ice from the retreating glaciers broke off and, as it melted, created the pond.
The wildlife consists of deer, somewhat relaxed, some elusive wild turkeys, plenty of fat squirrels and rabbits, some pheasants, woodchucks, a few owls and plenty of bird species.
There are other homes in the area, but none on top of you. The property is mostly surrounded by rural farm land and is located almost equally between the county seats of Champaign, Logan & Union counties about 3 miles NW of N. Lewisburg, OH. It is very quiet & peaceful, so much so that on any given Saturday or Sunday afternoon you can hear the semis air brake on SR 33 some 7 miles away.
This is all in west-central Ohio and the Marysville Honda MFG plant is reachable in about 20 minutes. The school districts are Triad & Ben Logan.
At one time I had plans to make a bed & breakfast setup and rent a few primitive camping sites in the SE section. However, life and plans change. Regardless, it is a wonderful place for a husband, wife & children, a semi-retired couple or anyone who wants to get away from the insanity of jobs and crowded cities.
If the 31.25 acres is too much for your liking, I am willing to subdivide the property and sell it in smaller portions. The subdivisions include 24.25, 1.75, 2 and 3 acre lots. Therefore, you can buy all or part of it at your discretion.
Prices are as follows:
Lot #1 - 24.25 acres - $267,600
Lot #2 - 1.75 acres - $40,400
Lot #3 - 2 acres - $55,300
Lot #4 - 3 acres - $75,100
ENTIRE 31.25 acres property as a whole - $412,800
I calculated what it would cost to create this place, just as a house has to be created from land, building materials, craftsmans labor, etc. and it would easily exceed $1.25 million. And unlike the glut of houses, no one, save the Dutch, are making more land, much less beautiful woods.
You have to walk the peaceful & beautiful woods to understand it and appreciate it. Call me as I am always glad to wander around it with someone. It relaxes me every time.
So why am I selling it? Simple--my wife & children are Peruvian-born and unable to reissue their visas. Due to limitations and boundaries placed by the U.S. Government, I have decided it is in my best interest to leave the U.S. to move down to be with my family, where I belong.
For more information or questions call 937-747-2616. I WILL CONSIDER LAND CONTRACT OR RENT-TO-OWN OPTIONS.
Please do not let anyone tell you that you must have a real estate agent to buy or sell. Many properties are bought and sold through a title agency which follows all the laws and requirements, and the fees are a lot less.
A couple other items of importance are that, first, It is very difficult to appreciate what living in a woods is like if you or your friends have only lived in houses within city limits. The other thing is that someone who does not stand to get a commission is not going to tell you that this place is well worth it, no more than a Ford salesman will talk kindly of Chevrolet.
THANKS and have a great day!
- Square Feet: 920
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 31.25 Acres
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed