|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Borders Rio Grande National Forest - 60 Acres
On a hill overlooking the beautiful Upper Rio Grande Valley between Del Norte and South Fork Colorado with Del Norte Peak and other San Juan mountain peaks as a picture perfect backdrop. It has great southern exposure and awesome solar gain. Millions of acres of National Forest land out your back door for riding, hunting, hiking, etc. Beautiful views in every direction. Wolf Creek Pass and Ski area are about 30 minutes away. Excellent fishing in the area. Property is approx. 8000 ft in elevation and is not in a subdivision and mineral rights are included. The home is a 2000 Cavco modular on a concrete foundation. Open floor plan, large kitchen, large master bedroom with walk-in closet, large master bath with double sinks and vanity, loads of storage. Free standing propane fireplace in living room. Laundry room, breakfast area, dining area, large island in kitchen, pantry, sun porch, appliances are included. The Shop is a sweet man (or woman) cave, it is approx. 2560 sq ft, insulated, concrete floor and has 16' ceiling height. Separate work rooms at the back of the shop heated by a free standing propane fireplace that could serve as an office, workspace or even a small apartment. It is currently being used as a home based business. Off the east side is a 12'x50' covered storage area for hay, tractor, trailer, etc. The yard contains a garden area with shed for tools, strawberry and raspberry patches, apple and crabapple trees, nanking cherry bushes, wildflowers, lilac bushes, aspens, elm, cedar and russian olive trees. Post and pole fencing around the house, bat and board loafing shed in the corral. The entire property of native rangeland is fenced for livestock. The well was drilled in 1981 and is approx. 146' deep producing 15 gallons per minute of the best tasting water. In the last couple years a new submersible pump, control box, schedule 80 pipe, submersible cable, pressure tank, etc. were installed in the well. There is also a second fully functional well on the west side of the property that is currently not being used. The taxes have been running approx. $850 per year.
- Stories: 1
- Square Feet: 2,421
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2.5
Additional Rooms: 1
Heating & Cooling
- Heating: Other
- Built in: 2000
- Structure Type: Other
- Lot Size: 60 Acres
- Attached Garage
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Onboard Informatics © 2017. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatShools.net
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Onboard Informatics and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday - Friday 7am to 7pm and Saturday 8am to 6pm (Central time)