|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
The basic living room is a great room with a gourmet kitchen dining and living room. There is a wrap around porch with access to a outdoor grill and places to eat outside. The Master suite upstairs is roomy and is very much like being in an eagles nest. Across from the bed is a room for a office/library/reading room. The master bath is spacious and includes a very large tub to soak in after skiing or a great day of play or work.
The entry is roomy and inviting with a view of Picuris Mountain and a small porch to sit outside and drink coffee and watch the morning sunrise. To the right of the entry on the same level is a round room that has a suspended ceiling and can be used for many things, we have always called it the playroom. I personally taught Feng Shui in this room. Beyond that is a small anti room to the master suite with it's own entrance. There is a bathroom with large shower. There is another small room that sits next to the master bedroom, that can be another bedroom or office. You truly have to walk into the space to see it for yourself, to see if it's a fit and I dont think you can go wrong if you want to live surrounded by absolute beauty.
A short story on how the Sanctuary came to Be.
I was a student of spiritual phychology and I had a dream since I was 11 years old. With the help of very special friends and with my degree in homebuilding design I created my dream home. There were 3 things that I wanted to cultivate in my life, a beautiful career, a healthy lifestyle, and a spiritual fulfilling relationship. Using Feng Shui Principles I began the process. After I moved in, within three months I met my husband John who had been a chef and nurtured me back to total health and my career was very fulfilling as a Feng Shui practitioner for 20 years.
Then 10 years later my husband and I decided to build a home next to the sanctuary on 2.6 acres so that we could design a home together which is the one we live in now. We would be willing to sell both as a compound if someone was interested. The address for the second home is 103 Vista Hermosa and it is also listed on forsalebyowner.
There is a full walking path around each property connecting the two. We have been blessed and would love to pass on the joy and blessings these properties have given us.
Also know that the wonderful architect that assisted me with my process was Oscar Palacios. He is a very open creative and cooperative person. He helped me create my sanctuary. That word Sanctuary was not used much back then but he understood what I was trying to create. Creating sanctuary was exactly my intent, and it has brought nothing but blessings our way. Please look him up on the internet, he lives in Taos.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 3,600
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 3
Additional Rooms: 5
Heating & Cooling
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 1996
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 2.90 Acres
Parking: 3.5 Spaces
- Detached Garage
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed