|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
The large private master suite has a sunrise view of both the bay and downtown. Included in the master suite is a bath and large walk-in closet/dressing area. The remaining 3 bedrooms are approximately 12'x12' nominal dimensions. This home also features a laundry room in close proximity to the bedrooms for added convenience.
Registered in Coos County in 1910, this home has undergone extensive remodeling and upgrades in recent years. The well-lit kitchen includes range, dishwasher, double-sink and disposal. The period-style cabinets match the home decor, while providing large "lazy-susan" rotating platforms in the corners. The refrigerator space is pre-plumbed with an icemaker connection.
Both the adjoining dining room and bathroom have exterior door access to the back deck. The deck has a city view and is a perfect location for having a Bar-B-Q and watching the 4th of July fireworks over the bay.
The Electrical System has been completely replaced and updated to 1997 code standards. Electrical receptacles, phone jacks and cable connections are plentiful throughout the home. The solid brass light fixture in the entry is believed to be one of the original from the home. It was also updated and rewired in 1997.
The plumbing system has also been completely replaced and updated to 1997 code standards. From the water meter connection, the fresh water supply is all new, and all of the piping within the home is copper instead of the cheaper PVC and CPVC found in track-built homes. The hot water tank was replaced in 2003. The clawfoot tub on the bedroom floor boasts a new solid brass period faucet with exposed brass fittings.
Energy efficiency has been built into the remodel. Although limited by the age and style of the home, the following features were added to improve the energy efficiency of this turn of the century home. All of the exterior walls and ceilings have had either blown-in insulation or fiberglass insulation. The custom double-pane windows are low-e. New vinyl siding was added in 2005. An additional layer of foam insulation was also added at that time. The home has zonal electric heat that allows the homeowner to heat each room to its own temperature setting, thus allowing for greater energy flexibility.
Continuous laminate flooring was added in 2005-2006. Care was taken to have very few seams between rooms. The formal living room has period-style carpeting that highlights the almost 10 high, tin-look, ceilings on the main floor.
The oversize (deep) 1 car garage, storage room and shop comprise the daylight basement floor. Off-street parking is provided in the back, which could also double as a sports court. The double-width driveway is shared with the home immediately to the West of the home. New foundation and roof were both added as new construction in 1997.
For additional information or questions, please call Mark (360) 261-2409
- Stories: 4
- Square Feet: 1,920
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2.5
- Built in: 1910
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0.25 Acres
Parking: 1.5 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed