|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
. This home is centrally located in Waldo County, with the large cities of Ellsworth, Rockland, Augusta, Waterville, Skowhegan, and Dexter all within an hours drive. Bangor is about 30 miles to the north and Belfast and the Atlantic ocean are only fifteen miles away to the south. Country View Golf course (Maine's most scenic) is just 5 miles away. There are 4 state parks located close by in Waldo County, one in Swanville, one in Searsport, one in Prospect, and one in Liberty all within an easy drive for the fisherman, swimmer and or sailor. This property has a large home that would be great for the family who wants to get away from the city but not their family. Live in one side and have the in-laws in the other side, or rent out the other side to help with the mortgage. The first apartment has a kitchen, dining room, laundry room, bathroom, livingroom and hallway downstairs and 3 bedrooms upstairs. The second apartment has a kitchen, pantry, livingroom, laundry room, and spare room good for an office, study, library, music room or toy room etc.There are three bedrooms upstairs. It is currentlly rented as a duplex This can easily be opened back up to use as a single family home or made into a 4 and 2 bedroom setup. This property could be made into a golf course or used as a hunting camp with rooms to rent out as a business. I'm sure developers could have a field day with this property, large pieces of property are getting harder and harder to find. This property offers outstanding scenic views. It would be great for cross country skiing, snow shoeing, hikeing, snowmobileing, 4 wheeling, and or horseback riding. It is located close to the trails and has excellent hunting. Large propertys are getting very hard to find-- so if you are looking for peace and quiet or a hunting or vacation getaway with great views this is the place. This is a lovely property that is located 3/10 of a mile off the main road on a dead end dirt road. You can buy this house and 3 acres for $200,000.00 or the house and 140acres for $350,000.00.
- Stories: 2
- Bedrooms: 6
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 5
- Structure Type: Other
- Lot Size: 140 Acres
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed