|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
We have owned this house since 2015. Here is a list of the known updates.
Roof Replaced in 2015
Electrical Service Panel Replaced 2015
HVAC system Replaced in 2005, Main control board Replaced 2019
Hot Water Heater Replaced 2013. Main Gas Solenoid Valve Replaced 2019
Windows Replaced 2015
Blinds Replaced 2019 with a high quality aluminum custom blinds
Main Sewer Mast from basement thru roof and connecting arms Replaced with PVC 2019
Bathroom updated including all new fixtures 2019
New Flooring Main Floor 2019
Deck Staircase Replaced 2019
Main Deck Repaired 2019
Driveway Addition 2015
Kitchen Updated 2019 including new counter tops & expensive backsplash
CURRENT SALE PRICE $159,999
The current market value on this house is $192,000.00. We have owned the house since 2015 and never have experienced any flooding in the basement until this year 2019. This spring we had rain fall which was in line with the flood of 1993 where all rivers and creeks were already backed up and the ground was saturated with water and then we had a torrential down pour over Kirkwood the creek behind the house backed up and flooded the basement for about 4 hours till the creek was able to pass all the water through. The same conditions occurred in August of this year where Fenton, Kirkwood, Webster Grooves, and Granite City had a line of thunderstorms come through where at least twice within a week and a half period 6 inches of rain was dropped within a couple of hour period and all these areas had flooding that hadn't ever occurred or hadn't occurred for years. During this time the creek behind this home backed up and this home over a week and a half period had water in it 3 times. Each time the water was only present 3 to 4 hours until the creek was able to pass the water through. Since the basement is a concrete unfinished basement with shelving present it was no big deal as all we did was rinsed the basement out with a hose and unplugged the washer and dryer and shut electricity off to the HVAC unit and let these units dry out for a 2 day period. After the drying period we put power to them and they all worked fine. We had already told our tenant to always use the shelves in the basement when storing items and keep everything off the floor just in case so no contents damage occurred. We have always gotten great rents out of this house most recently $1400 a month. If you want to take advantage of a great discount and put yourself immediately in a positive cash flow property as an investor or if you are a buyer trying to get into the Kirkwood area at a reasonable price this is your opportunity. Once again we have owned this house since 2015 and we have only had a problem with water in the basement this year so your chances are unlikely that a repeat weather performance of this year will occur anytime soon and as long as you keep your stuff up on shelves in the basement it's a very manageable situation especially when you consider the value of this neighborhood and the condition of this house along with the discounted price. The only reason we are selling this home is it doesn't fit into our current business model of managing $300,000 plus properties.
This must see home is a spacious 3 bedroom 1 bath gas home with 1000 square feet of first floor living space with Central Air. This green living unit comes with many updates and improvements and has beautiful tile and imitation hardwood floors throughout for easy cleaning and limits allergens which can accumulate. A perfect house for anyone suffering from allergies. This home also has energy efficient windows that will save you money month after month on your utility bills. Not only does the easy opening and closing allow you to enjoy cool spring or fall days or nights these windows also allow easy cleaning as they fold in or pop out in a snap. Couple these windows with the whole house attic fan with adjustable speeds which allows you to shut off your air conditioning unit on a majority of nights remaining cool and comfortable for a huge added savings on utilities. This property is centrally located near many major shopping stores and restaurants and is within walking distance of St. Louis Community College-Meramec Campus, and it is only 2 miles from the Kirkwood strip which includes the nationally renowned "Magic House" providing you and your family endless high quality entertainment, shopping and dining. With all of these local amenities, great schools, central location, and easy access to major highways you could not ask for a better location in the St. Louis area. This home is located on a busy street but due to parking lights just a couple of blocks away one north and one south which work in tandem even on the busiest day if you wait a 30 to 90 seconds the traffic completely stops and you can easily enter or exit the busy street without issue. Besides having a beautiful comfortable home, you and your children will benefit from the fantastic Kirkwood School District where W.W. Keysor Elementary, and North Kirkwood Middle School, both get an OUTSTANDING 7 out of 10 Great School Rating, and Kirkwood Sr. High gets an EXCEPTIONAL 8 out of 10 Great School rating.
- Square Feet: 1,000
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Built in: 1961
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0.34 Acres
- Attached Garage
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed