|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Our property is in a safe area with great schools! Here is a link to Area Vibes Report that verifies A+ Crime Rating and A+ Schools Rating: https://www.areavibes.com/morland-ks/livability/?zip=67650&ll=39.3494+-100.0757
The property is located in Graham County, Kansas and is a major hunting area for pheasant and other game. We lived there for 4 1/2 years and loved it. The locals are wonderful.
There is a small town grocery, post office, bank, bar and restaurant about 3 blocks away. The hospital is about 12 miles away. Walmart is about 1 hour away. Low crime area. Nice country people. Most are farmers, oilmen or just plain retired! The local schools are about 12 miles away in case you have youngsters.
The property is located in NW Kansas about 1/2 way in between Colby and Hays. The former owners used it as an AirBNB Hunting Lodge. The property has 4 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, Dining room, 2 Kitchens, Family Room with wood stove, Living Room, Laundry, Jacuzzi tub, fireplace, 2 large walk-in Pantries, Office with private exterior entrance, 5 wall mounted flat screen TVs, Deck, fenced in front yard, etc. The roof and gutters were redone in 2015.
The property has all major appliances and is fully furnished. (Furnishings negotiable)
The property has been used as a hunting lodge and as a home prior to that.
Our reason for wanting to sell barter is that I received a transfer order for my job and have to relocate to Missouri for business.
Property address is: 110 S. Third Street, Morland, Kansas 67650 * Google Maps hasnt been updated since 2008 for this area, so it will show the incorrect property and regardless we totally renovated the home in 2011 through 2014.
We sold this home at $159,000 with owner financing. The buyer defaulted when he lost his job. We recovered the home via a Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure. The title is clean. No back taxes or utilities owed. Power and other utilities are turned on.
The property has about 1.05 acres +/- of land with it (Tracts 4 & 7 See attached images), but not to worry! Kansas has a WIHA program that provides land for hunting to residents and visiting hunters alike. The walk-in hunting access (WIHA) program kicked off in 1995 in an effort to enhance the strong Kansas hunting heritage by providing hunting access to private property. The program has grown to one of the most successful access programs in the country. By 2004, over 1 million acres were enrolled in the program providing countless opportunities for sportsmen to pursue their favorite game at no additional charge. Although the majority of the acreage provides good to excellent upland game bird hunting, some areas provide opportunities for deer, waterfowl and squirrel hunting as well. Landowners receive a modest payment in exchange for allowing public hunting access. Payments vary by the amount of acres enrolled and length of contract period. Contract dates can be established from September 1 or November 1 through January 31 of each year. In addition, other lands are leased for spring turkey hunting only (April 1- May 31). Land enrolled can be in CRP, native rangeland, wheat or milo stubble and riparian or wetland areas. The area is posted with signs designating it as WIHA, regularly patrolled, and safety zones clearly marked. You can see WIHA Area Rules and Maps of WIHA Program Lands here: http://ksdot.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=a6467b7c4f714053ab63003607674413
- Square Feet: 3,200
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
Additional Rooms: 8
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Jetted Bathtub
- Built in: 1960
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0.85 Acres
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed