|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
The building itself has a large open kitchen with nothing but natural light. The kitchen is lined with antique leaded glass windows, looks out on to a huge backyard and fenced in garden. The living room boasts twelve foot ceilings, original windows and a beautiful fireplace to tie it all together. Walk out of the dining area through leaded glass french doors on to the spacious deck with hot tub and outside shower. There are 4 bedrooms with plenty of closet space. A yoga room to center your inner self. Two bathrooms each with a clawfoot bathtub and antique sinks. This was a passion project for the current owners, "My biggest goal was to keep the historic feel, you won't find anything from Home Depot here. I have searched high and low for antique and vintage cabinets, sinks, leaded glass windows and doors, etc. When something could not be refurbished or replaced, we custom made it. Custom trim (notice in the living room the ceiling has custom milled live edge cedar as trim) and custom cut beams to frame the entries. All that is just the esthetic pieces, I'm not even talking about redoing the electrical, heating, water and reinforcing the foundation. This has been a labor of love and a true passion. I hope whoever purchases this building understands its history and potential.". Let's not forget the expansive basement which has been a great workshop, storage space, laundry room, wine cellar, and so much more.
The jewel of the property is the sunken garden. Built in the old foundation of a building that burned down in the early 1900's, this is a one of a kind space. It has a dance floor, built in bar, built in picnic table, and a custom built hobbit house with living roof. There is no other place in the world like this garden.
- Square Feet: 4,800
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 6
- Built in: 1898
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 1.60 Acres
- Detached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed