|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Oceanfront Home for Sale
11765 5th Ave. Ocean Marathon , Florida 33050
by owner 305-743-4408
-The home is located on Vaca Cut with instant access to Atlantic and Gulf.
- It is surrounded by clean fast moving water with the tide changes - no seaweed build up.
- Enjoy the panoramic view with Key Colony Beach to the east, open ocean, Sombrero Light House and Sombrero to the west.
- The view from your living room sofa will also include beautiful sunrises and sunsets, abundant sea life, manatee, dolphin, turtles and birds of all kinds. You can even catch lobster and fish from the dock.
- Lot size 75' by 88' (home is 1,832 sq. ft)
-The home is turn-key and partially furnished.
- Three bedrooms - three full baths with new model low water usage toilets
- The home is currently decorated in a calm coastal style with a sea and sky color palette.
- There is plenty of parking with a garage, a 2 bay covered carport and space on the property for 4 or more extra.
- The 75' cement dock is 16" thick and has pilings front and back. There is a step down area with a ladder for swimming /kayak launch. The fish cleaning station has running water.
- The boat lift is 7000# capacity.
- There was minimum damage to the property from Hurricane Irma thanks to the construction upgrades made. PGT hurricane windows and doors and the low profile galvanized metal roof, protection from KCB to the east and the storm surge outlet of Vaca Cut all added up to great protection.
- The front entry, ocean side patio and side walks have recently installed pavers.
- The mature Keys style landscaping is easily maintained with river rock yard, native plants, coconut palms and other fruit bearing plants.
-The large open living / dining room looks out over the ocean through a wall of windows..
- Two of the three bedrooms overlook the ocean view. One of the ocean side bedrooms has a custom built in white bead board home office wall with 2 desks, file cabinet and upper storage. The 3rd and largest bedroom has an en-suite bathroom, separate ac unit and separate entrance from the side yard.
- The kitchen is completely remodeled with custom all wood cabinets and a bead board look tile back splash . The counter tops are Silestone quartz. The sink is under-mount stainless. - - Included kitchen appliances are: stove, dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave ( dish washer and re-frig new in 2017) . The view from the kitchen window is a tropical ocean wave mosaic tile wall mural behind the fruit and herb garden.
- The well planned laundry room includes a modern washer and dryer also new in 2017. There are generous built in storage cupboards and shelves, laundry hanging pole, laundry folding counter, fold down ironing board and a laundry sink with a drying rack above.
- The entire home has light weathered wood look zero grout line porcelain tile floors. The planks measure 39" by 6 1/2 ".
-All the rooms have ceiling fans
- A hallway is lined with art gallery picture ledges and spot lighting above for art work or family photos.
- There are custom window treatments framing the panoramic living room windows hiding solar shades that roll down for light , heat and privacy control. All other windows have custom wood plantation shutters with 4 1/2" white slats.
- Along the side of the garage is an outdoor storage ally hidden from view by a Key West style gingerbread wood gate with pineapple topped slats.
-The home's location is on the most desirable part of the island of Marathon for almost constant easterly breezes so there are seldom any mosquitoes or no-see-ums.
- Our neighborhood just had new power poles installed and the bridge at 5th Ave. will be replaced in the near future.- There are several high end custom homes being built in our neighborhood as well.
-Our remodel cost totaled approximately $100,000 since our purchase in 2009.
- If the home is purchased as a primary residence our low premium flood insurance policy is transferable.
The home's most unique and sought after feature is it's oceanfront location and amazing view of both Vaca Cut and open ocean. The tidal clean flowing water of the cut brings with it abundant wildlife and the activity of nature to entertain you from your open living space. This is a dream location for anyone looking for the Key's lifestyle.
- Square Feet: 1,832
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 3
Additional Rooms: 4
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Built in: 1957
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 6,600 Acres
- Detached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed