|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Only 45 minutes to Colorado Springs, in Canon City, the "Cancun","banana belt" of Colorado. This property is private & secluded, yet only 8 minutes to town! 58.41 wildlife filled acres borders thousands of acres of pristine BLM land. This property has nature/exercise trails, and is a gardeners paradise! Owners can hike or ride horses right outside the front door. Agricultural status means low property taxes, about $1300/year. Homeowner's dues are only $125/year.
House is three-story, with a full walkout basement, plus a 2 car attached garage, as well as a fully insulated, solid 1500 square foot 5 car garage and/or woodshop/art studio with nice office space, about 165 feet from the house. Shop/Warehouse has a separate electric meter and office space. The 1000 square foot basement is stubbed in for an additional full bathroom, and a wet bar and laundry room could be easily added for a very nice bonus/ recreation room. The house has 3-5 bedrooms. 2 bedrooms have very interesting lofts with ladders. The large master bedroom has a private bathroom with jetted tub and walk-in closet space. All rooms have large Milgard vinyl clad double-paned Low-E windows, plus there are four large patio doors with incredible views all around. Eat-in kitchen is spacious with light hickory cabinets. Lots of storage space with pull-out shelves throughout. Side-by-side refrigerator, range, microwave, dishwasher and new washer/dryer included. Creamy carpeting and deep red hardwood floors throughout the house. Other amenities include: A see through fireplace, hot water baseboard heat with additional wood burning stove, Trex decking, and evaporative cooler, cottonless cottonwood trees, great yard, and BIG VIEWS of 14,000 foot peaks and sparkling city lights.
This property is perfect for active, adventurous nature lovers. It is close to great antique stores and art galleries, local museums, world class fly fishing, mountain climbing, mountain biking, rafting, skiing, the Royal Gorge Bridge and train, Art on the Arkansas, Fiddlers along the Arkansas, The Blossom Festival, Cripple Creek casinos, shopping and much more, see Kingpropertiesinc com for more information. Additional acreage is available next door. Plat and covenants are available upon request. Please contact us with any questions.
Carlos and Mary
- Stories: 3
- Square Feet: 3,600
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 3.5
Additional Rooms: 9
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Jetted Bathtub
- Built in: 2001
- Structure Type: Other
- Lot Size: 58.41 Acres
Parking: 5 Spaces
- Detached Garage
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed