|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Small two bedroom 1 bath 2nd floor unit in 1922 4 story Rogers Park Condo. Remodeled in 2003 with appliances replaced in 2011. Faux fireplace. Unit DOES NOT have A/C. Both bedrooms DO NOT have radiators. Plug in space heaters only. Guest bedroom does not have closet. The unit is located above the garbage pickup and alley. Expect considerable noise during early AM waste/recycling pickup 4 times a week as well as unit owners 24/7. The gate and back door serve as a second entrance and exit.
Eleven of 27 units are rented. The building has four tiers which include staircases. 1K is located in the NW tier of which 6 of 9 units are rented and also have dogs. If noise from barking or running on wood floors bothers you please keep this in mind.
This unit does not include parking. Parking spots located in the underground garage have sold for $35,000-$70,000 in the past. Even though the garage and veranda were built as an addition to the building in 2005 the garage is subject to constant flooding due to cracks in the structure and rising lake levels. This has been an ongoing problem since I moved in 2009. The pedestrian garage door leading out to the drive way is rusted out at the bottom. Consider what moisture exposure will do to your car long term especially if it is leased. The condensation collects on the ceiling of the garage and will drip on your car. Do your own due diligence. You can GOOGLE VIDEO news coverage under the heading Rogers Park Erosion. Waves smashing against the veranda have also exposed the foundation and reduced the beach considerably. Sand is also an issue as the injector pumps cannot handle the material in large volumes.
By December of 2019 assessments will have risen 49% since December of 2014. A 27 page property inspection was requested and completed in April of 2015 by the Board which is available. The Breakers Condo Association also took on a large promissory note in 2017. Costs associated to wave erosion and garage flooding should be discussed at the year end Board meeting. The garage and veranda are considered common areas. Even if you DO NOT own a garage parking spot you are still responsible for any special assessment.
- Square Feet: 800
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Built in: 1922
- Structure Type: Condo
- Lot Size: 0 Acres
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed