|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Sleeping 9 guests comfortably, it also has great outdoor space for entertaining. There is plenty of room for parking: bring your boat, RV, and trailer if you'd like. This home is a historic, hand-hewn log cabin, originally built in the 1740's. It was restored and then renovated with a family in mind. It offers a modern interior with an authentic, rustic ambience. The open kitchen and ample storage space is lovely for accommodating large groups. This home also includes a living room and a finished basement space, known as the cozy room, that opens onto the front patio. The front porch is partially covered and can host a group barbecue.
Only a handful of hand-crafted log homes are available in the US today. Take a moment to consider this wonderful opportunity! A 1+ acre wildlife meadow (deer, turkey, bluebirds, etc) and 1/2 acre pond with great bass fishing are on the property. A 45'x65' bank barn and a few apple trees revived from an old orchard give the tract an authentic and peaceful feel. An intermittent creek bordering the frontage provides a bubbling sound at night during heavy rains and spring run-off.
Acreage: The property is a 5ac farmette with an adjacent (sub-divided) 2.5ac tract offering ease of liquidity or family land grant(s). The 5ac tract has paved road frontage on Henderson Overlook Road. The 2.5ac lot has gravel road frontage on Marcia Drive, and a nice overview of a half acre pond.
Taxes: Real Estate & School Taxes total $1,400 per year on the home and a nominal amount on the smaller tract.
Income: This property can operate very successfully as a vacation home, corporate housing, or become a venture as a unique 'event property', generating a respectable ROI. Let the property pay for itself while preparing to relocate, or just run it as a business. Call or email the owner John Gillen (owner) for more information.
*Wheel chair accessible to first floor & basement only. Bitcoin, Cash, Traditional Bank Financing accepted.
What I love about this home:
It's a peaceful and quiet log home surrounded by wildlife on a 7 acre property that provides privacy and peace of mind. Watching the diving ducks visit the pond every spring and the deer sleeping in the field and front yard is an awesome experience. The home is modern yet still has the warm log home feel of the settlers from the 17th century. It's certainly a unique and special feeling living in this style home. The warmth is so unique it's difficult to describe.
- Stories: 3
- Square Feet: 2,650
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2.5
Additional Rooms: 7
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Built in: 1744
- Structure Type: Other
- Lot Size: 7.50 Acres
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed