|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
A Landmark Estate in Hendersonville NC
Walnut Creek Farm is a landmark estate in Hendersonville, part of the most desirable mountains of Western North Carolina, just 15 miles south of Asheville and 25 miles north of the new Tryon Equistrian Center. It has been a landmark and riding school for the past 50 years and a personal estate dating back to the 20's. Primarily built for Horse Training, Boarding and Riding School, it can easily be converted to a Vineyard, Bed & Breakfast, Corporate Retreat, or your Personal Family Sanctuary. With it's unique location in the "Best" north area of finer homes, your investment will be protected and most likely increase in value.
The estate is on 11.3 completely fenced and usable acres, with a running stream in the front pastures and raised Olympic Riding Ring. The acreage is primarily pasture with a beautiful 1 acre knoll against the mature pines in the back portion. The unique, one level Main Home is in the English Country design, with mature landscaping, large porchs front and back, sunroom and entertainment patio with screened in dining room and a hot tub. The Main 30x45 Oak Barn, and 28x28 concrete Tackroom/Garage, have their own paved courtyard with water, electricity, and 1/2 bath.
The guest house, 2 story loft, is 1400 square feet, 2 bedroom 1 1/2 bath is on one acre.
This Estate has the ablility to be a wonderful personal experience or a productive income producing business. I offer to You, the opportunity to own a Landmark Estate in the desirable Mountains of Western North Carolina.
Note, 3% commission to a selling Realtor would have to be added to the price.
- Stories: 1
- Square Feet: 2,400
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 10
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Built in: 1945
- Structure Type: Other
- Lot Size: 11 Acres
Parking: 1.5 Spaces
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed