|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Entering the first-floor foyer, to the right is the living room with opening French doors that lead to an old-fashioned porch that overlooks the river (with hanging wisteria and relaxing deck chairs). Next is the completely upgraded kitchen with top of the line stainless-steel appliances, custom woodwork, and new granite counters. An open wall with a counter top modern stove allows 'the chef' to prepare food while chatting with guests in the dining room which has a giant picture window displaying a vast view of the Hudson River. There is also a deck overlooking the river and half bath off the kitchen.
An open stairway nicely detailed with original wood-work bannister leads to the second floor where all hardwood floors continue to a bathroom and four spacious bedrooms; each having unique views of the river and apple orchids.
Basement: washer dryer, a spacious modern full bathroom with an oversized shower, contemporary tiling, and fixtures,+ two full windows with exquisite river views, a separate entrance, and exit that could easily be converted into a private office or small apartment.
The grounds are over half an acre surrounded by apple orchards and the River a detached garage and u shaped drive w parking for 4 cars.
Milton is 10 minutes from Amtrak and Metro-North in Poughkeepsie, a 90-minute train ride to NYC,
And it is ideally situated near Poughkeepsie, New Paltz, Gardiner, Woodstock, Saugerties, Rhinebeck, and Millbrook: WestPoint, Culinary Institute, Vassar
We consider the hamlet of Milton NY to be one of the Hudson Valleys best Kept secrets. It is home to several picturesque wineries, orchards and farms where you will find fresh eggs, cheeses, honey, maple syrup, organic produce and 'U Pick orchards in season - apples, pears, cherries, peaches, grapes, pumpkins , historic sites, museums, parks, mountains, hiking trails, antique stores and spas, ample shopping and dining, and much more minutes away.
We love the homes character with quaint charm and modern touches; the Rivers views of sunrises, full moons, and ships passing. Yet, Manhattan is only 90 minutes away with all the excitement the city has to offer.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 1,800
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
Additional Rooms: 6
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 1911
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0.55 Acres
Parking: 1 Space
- Detached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed