|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Here is a great opportunity to own your dream home on the lake close to nature, overlooking the mountains in Mohawk Estates Mountain Resort. A peaceful location at the end of the road with no traffic and no noise. The resort is surrounded with walking trails, water, abundant wildlife and birds. If you enjoy fishing or photography this is the perfect place for you. Alabama's world famous Robert Trent Jones golf trail has a golf course within 15 minutes.
Located in Ohatchee, Alabama, which is 50 miles from Birmingham, Alabama and 90 miles from Atlanta, Georgia. Jacksonville State University and the cities of Gadsden and Anniston, Alabama are nearby.
EXTRA AMENITIES INCLUDE: - Finished basement, mother-in-law suite with a separate entrance. Storm shelter in basement. Community boat launch. Full length deck across the entire back of the house overlooking the lake. 12 foot ceilings in main living areas. Extensive accent lighting throughout the home. Tasteful ceiling fans in most every room. Large custom hardwood floor inlay at entrance foyer.
Master suite with fireplace on main level with bath that includes a walk-in shower, garden tub, double sink vanity and walk-in closet. - There is a delightful screened in porch off the master bedroom that overlooks the beautiful Neely Henry Lake with views of the mountains in the background. A great place to start your day with a cup of coffee.
You will truly love coming home to this peaceful wooded retreat located in a game preserve with a guard house entrance. Watch the bald eagles, ospreys, blue herons and many other waterfowl from your bed. Deer, turkey, fox, squirrels, rabbits and other wildlife are plentiful. Neely Henry Lake hosts professional fishing tournaments.
This home was built by one of the areas premier custom home builders. The "over the top" trim, and moldings, tray ceilings, copper plumbing, Delta faucets, and state of the art electrical system make this house stand out from the rest. An extraordinary view of the lake and mountains can be enjoyed from most any room in the house.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 4,430
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
Additional Rooms: 8
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 2004
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 1.50 Acres
Parking: 2 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Sprinkler System
- Neighborhood information provided by Onboard Informatics © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- SchoolDigger Ratings provided by SchoolDigger.com
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Onboard Informatics and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed