|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
This picturesque retreat is situated along the Farm River Estuary in the Riverside neighborhood of East Haven. Renovated in 2004 this 1930's craftsman style house has an 1,848 sq. ft. open floor plan featuring custom crafted mahogany kitchen with granite counters, dining area, breakfast nook, library, office, small guest/hobby room, living room with gas fireplace, full bath, laundry and mudroom on the main living level. The Owner's suite is on the upper level and features a stand-alone spa, full bath, walk-in closet, garment closet and adjoining balcony with gorgeous views. Outdoor living space includes a secluded backyard and deck, front porch and brick patio linked to a small yard with established perennial gardens. A two car detached garage and driveway complete the real estate improvements, but wait there's much more...
Delightful views of the pristine river estuary are seen from each of the twelve front facing windows and decks. This 150+ acre sanctuary is home to a number of endangered, and special interest migratory birds, and the state owned Beacon Hill wooded upland preserve. Journey back in time and enjoy watching from your front porch restored antique trolley cars rolling along the river's edge. Owned and operated by the Branford Electric Railway Association, the Shoreline Trolley Museum is listed on the National Historic Register as the oldest, continuously operated suburban trolley line in the United States. Please find me another home that offers such idyllic views. I'll wait... Exactly, no other such place exists.
Included in the sale is a separately deeded .25 acre manicured riverside lot, which provides extra parking, recreational space, and access to small boating, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, and bird watching. The homes elevation results in low flood insurance premiums.
Stay with me there's more... just a short walk from the house is the 61 acre Farm River State Park, offering dog walking, hiking, rock climbing, snowshoeing and communing with nature. An equally short walk in the opposite direction takes you to Short Beach village, which hosts two restaurants, a post office, bus line and beaches.
This unique hideaway is conveniently located only a few minutes from the Branford Train Station, Tweed New Haven Airport, suburban shopping and a 10 minute drive to Yale University.
Both properties combined offered at $399,000. Furniture also available for sale. For more information or a showing, contact the owner.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 1,848
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 10
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Built in: 1930
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0.50 Acres
Parking: 2 Spaces
- Detached Garage
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed