|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
141 Briarwood Cir. Americus, Georgia 31709
Featured in Southern Accents Magazine Fall 1982 Vol. 5, No. 4 pages 90 - 96
The Pink House was moved to its current location from Webster County, GA in the early 1970's. The original house (circa 1831) is a two-room planters cottage with a dog trot entrance hall. This portion of the house has the front entrance shown in the photo above. It contains a bedroom with attached bath, entry hall, and a living room there are two fire places.
The rear of the house was added in the 1970s using old materials that match the original house. It has replicated pier and beam construction and heart pine floors throughout. This addition contains a family room with cooking hearth an eating area in a bay window, a kitchen, and a master bedroom suite with recently remodeled bathroom. There is a screen porch off the family room. The first floor is + or 1900 square feet and has an attic bedroom with bath (not included in the square footage).
The house is situated on 6.9 acres in Sumter County, GA. Two acres + or are landscaped and the remainder is in native long leaf pine, dogwoods, magnolias, eastern redbud, red and white oak.
Out buildings include a guest house of approximately 700 square feet with a great room with vaulted ceiling, open kitchen, bedroom, bath, washer dryer closet, loft, and wide porches front and rear. The guest house has been rented to the same Doctor for the past 6 years and generates a total revenue of $10,800.00 per year.
Other out buildings include a carport and utility/storage room with plumbing and attic storage. The carport is connected to the house by a portico walkway. An equipment shed contains a workshop and storage space for mowers and yard equipment. There is a garden house next to the vegetable garden.
Priced at $299,900 and shown by appointment only. Please contact Steve Stanfield at 229-942-1636.
- Stories: 1.5
- Square Feet: 1,900
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2.75
Additional Rooms: 4
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 1830
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 6.90 Acres
Parking: 2 Spaces
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed