|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Extraordinary, spacious open floor plan 5 bed 4 full bath home fronting on the scenic Chesapeake Bay in the Cape Charles VA area. Approximately 3500 sq. ft built on a dune in the beautiful Sand Hills area and fully protected by granite break-walls and elevation. This house is in a natural setting on a private road at the end of a half mile drive through an old growth forest. It is a low maintenance design for both house and landscaping. Situated adjacent to the Savage Neck Dunes nature preserve with only one other resident for over 1 mile this home affords privacy like no other. The estate sits on 3 acres which front on the water with a deeded private beach and comes with an undivided common interest in 70 acres of wooded and tillable land, which means the privacy will remain protected.
Some of the upgrades include, new HVAC, kitchen cabinets, countertops, pantry shelving and cabinetry, tankless water heater with back up propane tanked heater. Lighting, RO 5-stage water filter for drinking and ice machine, driveway alarm and security lights, electric blinds in the master, water softener, propane fireplace with marble surround, ceiling fans, etc.
Spectacular views of the bay, sunsets, and the abundant, diverse wildlife. This house has over 550k of documented remodeling and updates in the last 5 years. Including wolf oven and cooktop, Cherry cabinetry, granite counters with matching 8 top cherry wood formal dining room table. Natural stone tile with heated flooring on first floor. The backyard oasis is Bayside and has a concrete apron the full house length with a screened porch on one section, grilling area and totally private outdoor seating/sunning area. Original construction includes steel beam columns and 6 electric, roll down, metal hurricane doors.
2 car detached garage with fully finished guest quarters and kitchenette above which also features a steam shower and sauna. Outbuildings include an 18 x 40 metal building/boat house with lighting and electrical service and 10 x 12 storage shed also finished inside with 220VAC electrical service.
Stunning, all cherry custom shelving with 32 led lights for accenting art and decorations. The kitchen is designed for people who love to cook and has a very large peninsula as well as a workstation/island. Kitchen cabinetry extends into the 31 x 7 pantry/mechanical/laundry room. plenty of closets and storage and good sized rooms.
Another 3 acre parcel immediately adjacent and attached to this parcel is available should someone want an additional buffer or it could be used for investment because well and septic are already in place.
I am preparing for retirement and have purchased a 2 bedroom condo in Virginia Beach so some of the furniture and art is available for anyone looking for a leisure home that doesnt require full furnishing.
pre-qualification requirements before any home tour
- Square Feet: 3,500
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 4
Additional Rooms: 7
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 2001
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 3 Acres
- Detached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed