|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Quonset-hut style airplane hangar with built in 2,800 square foot home
50x100 ft building plus 20x50 ft screened and covered porch and covered deck upstairs.
Building sits on 50x200 ft slab with 50x50 ft ramp in front. Covered in white elsastomeric paint to control heat in summer.
Schweiss bifold hangar door with lift straps - 40x16 ft - (opens high enough to admit the tallest of RVs)
Plenty of room to park 3 cars across plus airplane or RV, 4-wheeler, tractor, lawn mower, etc. Approx 3,500 square feet of hangar/garage floor space.
100 gal air compressor
In-floor drains (2)
4-gang electrical boxes run the length of the hangar on both sides every 10 feet
4 halogen overhead lights inside
Separate bypass panel for backup generator
50 amp connection for RV hookup
Propane connection inside hangar for a heater, grill or propane-powered generator
House built into the west end of the hangar with wide open view of pasture and Fox Mountain
Central gas heat/air Backup 500 gallon liquid propane tank
Hawken whole house wood burning furnace with covered, lighted wood storage right next to it.
Property is heavily wooded, supplying a lifetime of free wood for heat
2 story - 3 bedrooms/2 baths downstairs
Upstairs: large office/extra bedroom with entry, 1/2 bath and access to 2 large attic spaces, private covered, wood deck
Downstairs large master with large walk-in closet with lots of hanging clothes and shelf storage room
Second bedroom is suite with sitting room with large closet, large bedroom with closet, full bath
Third bedroom has large closet
Ventless gas fireplace in living room
French doors open onto back screened porch, great for warm weather entertaining
Large windows across entire back of house give a full view of mountain
Kitchen: side by side refrigerator/freezer, over-the-stove microwave, gas stove/oven, dishwasher
Keyed security bars on all outside facing windows and doors, including hangar door walk-through
Wireless security system
Wide doorways and hallways for wheelchair accessibility
Dining room with view of the mountain.
Laundry room with storage shelves and cabinet plus hanging clothes rod and in-cabinet ironing board
Small office with installed cabinets and desk
Large pantry with wire shelving
Large pantry/coat/storage closet with wire shelving
Generously-sized closets in all bedrooms
All floors are wood parquet or ceramic tile
Screened back porch has 2 outdoor lighted, ceiling fans
All windows are insulated, double-paned with bottom half opens for easy cleaning
Lighted, ceiling fans in living/dining room and all bedrooms
20x50 ft covered back porch with 345 sq ft screened porch large enough to hold dining table and chairs plus sitting area plus a covered deck on top
Utility room with new Rhinnai tankless gas water heater, whole house water softener and pressure tank for the well
Utility room: room for extra refrigerator and freezer plus extra canned-good storage
Utility room: reinforced ceiling to permit installation of 300 gallon backup water storage tank on deck above
Separate office in hangar 10x12 ft - perfect for ammo reloading room, storage or office with gas wall heater.
Garden with 10 raised beds plus additional 40x60 garden plot - inside chain link fence so no problems with critters eating your garden
Garden shed 12'x14' ft next to garden
Custom built mobile chicken house (chicken tractor) to move when you want to.
Approximate 10 acre fenced yard
Plenty of additional home sites with views of 2000 x 75 ft grass runway formerly 3GE4 on sectional charts
Shooters's dream, steel targets can be placed out to 500+ yards.
135 acres, mostly wooded
Year round spring fed stock pond (never been dry)
Approx 30+ acres of fenced pasture for horses or cows
The area we used to land the airplane has approx 5+ acres Bermuda hay (has yielded approx 250 square bales twice a year)
200+ ft well - Crystal clear water never has run dry with 3/4 horsepower electric, submersible pump plus manual hand-operated backup pump installed in case power is out.
Access to county water if needed.
DSL internet service from Trenton Telephone.
Ultimate privacy - access through 14 ft square tunnel under interstate nearest neighbor 4 miles away on your side if I-59.
30 miles to Chattanooga - 2 hours to Atlanta, Nashville, Knoxville, Birmingham
Lighted 40x60 ft pole/hay barn close to hangar with electrical outlets.
24x36 separate metal quonset hut-style building for storage
Plenty of good hunting - deer, turkey, rabbits in abundance
Plenty of good trails for horseback riding
Great location for the security-minded
Adjoining unimproved property sold for $3,000/acre 12 years ago.
Dade County offers school tax exemption (about 2/3 of your property tax bill) on property for residents 65 years or older for home and 5 acres
SHOWN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 2,880
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2.5
Additional Rooms: 9
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Built in: 1999
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 135 Acres
Parking: 5 Spaces
- Detached Garage
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed