|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
To encourage a quick sale, we are reducing the price well below appraised value. Our current price is based on trying to sell ourselves. If we have to list it with a realtor, the price will increase by a 6% commision. So for a short time only, we are offering the propety at $525,00 - well below the appraised value and our initial price of $603.000. Don't let this pass you by!
Property is in the heart (250 miles of home) of numerous historical sites, state parks, and national parks and units - Honeymoon Trail, Navajo Well, Flagpoint, Pioneer Gap & Anasazi Site - 1 mile; Antelope Canyon & Page Slot Canyons; Best Friends Animal Sanctuary; Capitol Reef National Park (NP); Cedar Breaks NP; Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park (SP); Escalante Petrified SP; Glen Canyon National Recreation Area (NRA) Lake Powell; Goblin Valley SP; Grand Canyon NP - North Rim; Parashant NM; Grand Staircase-Escalante NM - Calf Creek Falls, Paria (Pahreah) & Adairsville Ghost Towns, Hattie Green & Other Mines; Kanab Canyon Caves; Kaibab National Forest, Kodachrome Basin SP; Lake Mead NRA; Natural Bridges NM; Pipe Spring NM; Rainbow Bridge NM; Red Canyon; Snow Canyon SP; The Horseshoe; Wahweep Hoodoos; Toroweap NM; Vermilion Cliffs NM - Coyote Buttes & The Wave; Zion NP Kolob Canyons, Grafton Ghost Town, Emerald Pools, Angels Landing - ONLY A PARTIAL LIST.
We have seen first hand within 2 miles deer, elk, antelope, wild turkey, coyote, owls, bald eagles, quail, plus. You will not find more awesome colors of nature than right here - the deep reddish 1,200 ft Vermilion Cliffs - red tinted sunrises - sunsets, color shifting seasons, varying colors of day, greens of the Shinarump Ridge - all go to make for Great Views & Scenery.
Top story log, bottom to be stone, home is two story, approximately 2, 980 sq ft. The home is in a + shape - thus it has what we call four wings that adjoin a central hub. West wing has a rounded decor. The corners of the logs are cut in a curved sweep, not straight cut, for character.
West wing upper floor with all windows - opens to Crescent Butte and Ship of Rock red cliffs; north & south wings upper with all windows. North opens to 1,200 ft gorgeous red Flagpoint (John Wesley Powell historical survey point, Dino prints in sandstone, once Anasazi inhabited); South to pygmy forest of Shinarump Ridge (once Anasazi inhabited, Pioneer Gap & Honeymoon Trail & Navajo Well). [we have noted Anasazi pot sherds and such on the Ridge and also petrified wood pieces - but note, these are government lands and these are not to be messed with.] [We have copy of 1880s drawing of the Vermilion Cliffs to the west of our home, done by Alfred Tissandier, a French artist who stopped for a night on his travels in the area.] East wing up & down have doors & walls, but the other wings are open - giving through the house views to the splendor of scenery in all 3 directions (and makes it very passive solar). East views of Red Cap and Seaman's Point. Indeed, a very unique design & layout. Back of property bordered by BLM - Gov Land.
Property taxes are approximately $2,100 per year. Home is fully paid for.
Top floor kitchen area - south wing, living room - north wing, dining area in center, den or 2nd living room area - west wing, bedroom area with closet & full bath jetted tub - east wing. Stairs to basement in center of house with vaulted ceiling - 3 large central log supports and large wood supports that run the center of the rooms in the south, west, and north. Redwood decks on upper NE & SW both have French (double) doors leading out. Both bathrooms have 3 Ft wide doors and air pressurized stools, and simulated marble sinks & tubs. Again, the south, west, & north wings are mostly windows.
Lower floor has three open wings to be used as you desire (we use one for bedroom, two for den type areas - could make it three bedrooms), large pantry area under and on side of stairs; East wing has utility room, furnace water heater room, large walk-in closet, wall cabinet, full bath and hall with built in cabinet. French (double) doors leading out to patio on NW. The south, west, & north wings are mostly windows, but only half of the wall space as opposed to almost full wall length windows on upper floor. We have not finished the lower exterior walls - but we have bought special fitted stone, it needs to be put on - scratch coat has been applied.
House & Metal Shop have separate electrical transformers, both wired for commercial type use. Shop wired for 220 can utilize heavy duty tools. The shop has a water line with sink. House has commercial, heavy duty wiring, many electrical plugs all over - both in house & shop. Ceiling fans in major rooms up & down in home. Smoke alarm detectors up & down stairs. Motion lights on NE and SW corners of the home & on the west end of the shop. Shop has 24 foot drive slab in front - large sliding doors in both ends of the building, a standard door in front, windows on SE corner near the sink and water. Half ownership in a private well with 2 acre foot allocation. Water line runs from NW corner well to an underground storage tank near the house. There is a pump at the well, and one inside the house to pump from the storage tank, including to outside spigots and a water line to the Shop. There is a water switch line at the well pump to run water either to the house or to the drip irrigation system on the NW end of the property - about 5 lines of 10 spigots for each row, each line about 10 foot apart, and each line maybe 100 foot long.
Kanab, county seat of Kane County, sits at about 5,000 elevation on the northern edge of the Arizona Strip, a noted grassland tract, bounded on the south by the Colorado River & Grand Canyon - North Rim, on the north by the Grand Staircase geologic formations. It is 8 miles from the Arizona/Utah border. Kanab is celebrated for breathtaking scenery, temperate climate, & hardy pioneers and settlers, and as a hub for movie making since the late 1920s - taking on the nickname of Little Hollywood. [In the summers the town holds the Wester Legends celebration, honoring movie stars from past era films.] In 2009 the thriving city had a population of 3,769 people - growth rate of 5.3 % since 2000. Kane County features many businesses, particularly in the tourist service sector. And again, National Parks & Monuments & State Parks help the economy. According to , the overall 2012 cost of living index was 92 (U.S. average is 100).
Kanab, arid but not desert, gets 14 inches of rain per year, snowfall - 23 inches & on avr. 256 sunny days. Summer max avr. high is in July - around 93 degrees with avr. min lows of 58 degrees. Winter avr. min low is in January at around 22 degrees with max avr. highs of 47. The comfort index, based on humidity during hot months, is a 63 (out of 100), higher is more comfortable - US average is 44.
If you have any questions, or seek further feedback, please contact us and leave a message. Thank you for viewing this ad and have a SuperFine Day!
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 2,980
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 18
- Hub of House - Up: 20 x 20
- East Wing - Up: 16 x 20
- South Wing - Up: 12 x 20
- West Wing - Up: 12 x 20
- North Wing - Up: 12 x 20
- Hub of House - Down: 20 x 20
- East Wing - Down: 16 x 20
- South Wing - Down: 12 x 20
- West Wing Down: 12 x 20
- North Wing -- Down: 12 x 20
- Shop - Garage: 35 x 50
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Jetted Bathtub
- Built in: 2000
- Structure Type: Other
- Lot Size: 20.40 Acres
Parking: 5 Spaces
- Detached Garage
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed