|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
The 2 riverfront houses are on the left side of the access road on 18 acres with approximately 1,391 linear feet of river frontage. The 20,000 SF building is on the right side of the road on 12.5 acres with a large parking area. Property is very secluded with the river on one side and railroad tracks on another. It is versatile as a residence, family estate or retreat, a farm or perhaps even a business. Both homes have 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, garage, and wood or propane fireplaces. A luxurious home (153) to live in while you fix up the 2nd house (222) that needs rehabbing and use or rent it out as a home, tenant housing, huge party pavilion, storage, workshop, or other income production facility. Use or rent out the 20,000 sqft bldg. for farm use, plant nursery, horse boarding, barn, storage facility, work shop, etc. many income producing uses.
The 153 gray Parex (stucco type) residence (1,815 SqFt) was custom designed and custom built for luxury, low maintenance, privacy, beauty, and convenience, using only high quality (even commercial) materials and upscale amenities, like Andersen windows and doors and stained glass pantry doors. Extra bedrooms have double closets. one with built-ins, even inside the closets with shelving that are great for office materials or storage. The Master bedroom has built in drawers in the large walk-in closet. The walls are also Parex providing double insulation and soundproofing. Even if the electricity goes out, gas logs will keep most of the house toasty warm and the gas downdraft stovetop insures you can still cook. Needs some TLC as tenants are currently living there paying $1,200/mo. The brick home (2,786 SqFt is) a Mother Earth Berm Home and the tear out is 85% complete in preparation to be totally rehabbed. The 20,000 SF building on 12.5 acres (already surveyed and platted but not subdivided out) is complete with electric, wells for water, and huge parking area. It has plenty of land that could be used as pasture or to build other structures (such as cottages to rent out if zoning would approve). Currently Undivided all structures and acreage are tax billed at 153 River Rd.
NOTE: I am the mortgage holder and originally sold the property in 2015 and the owners painted some walls and changed out the dining light fixture in 153. Some of the photos were taken in winter and some with summer greenery. NOTE: MOST OF THE PHOTOS ARE FROM MY 2015 POSTING as presently renters are living in it. (On a month to month for 2 1/2 years and would like to stay if you are interested in renting it out). Shown BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. In order for an offer to take it off market - will need evidence of ability to pay cash or a mortgage prequalification letter . You cannot do a drive-by as driveway is PRIVATE and Property is 1/2 mile down it, posted NO TRESPASSING. There are BIG DOGS that need to be put up before it can be shown and tenants will consider you as trespassers and call the sheriff if you are not with us. Call 478-550-8491 for an appointment.
- Square Feet: 1,787
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 7
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Jetted Bathtub
- Built in: 1996
- Structure Type: Farm/Land
- Lot Size: 30.50 Acres
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed