|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Turn of the 19th century, Victorian inspired farm house that has been well maintained and updated for 21st century living. All remodeling done to the house has been with high efficiency in mind. From lighting and appliances to insulation and HVAC, the living costs in this home can be kept to a minimum.
With very low heating and cooling costs, little to no maintenance, and low taxes, this aluminum/vinyl sided two story home with newer(2005) tear off roof would be a perfect home for a family, weekenders or empty-nesters.
Located 6 miles north of Mt. Carroll the south facing house on 6+ acres of gently rolling land is surrounded by many acres of lush woods, pasture and farm fields. The property is secluded, not visible from the road and has scenic views all year long, in all directions.
7 acres(mol) total; 2(mol) residential, 5(mol) currently under pasture lease. Real estate property taxes - $2100 (2018). Monthly energy cost (electric & propane) approximately $180.
Aluminum/vinyl sided two story victorian inspired farm house with newer(2005) tear off roof
2 car unattached garage with electric eye overhead door opener, concrete floor, service door and new roof(2013); 100 amp electric service.
30x40x10 Cleary building(2005) with 100 amp electric service, concrete floor, overhead door with electric eye opener, manual sliding door and service door.
An authentic, restored, operable windmill on an 80 tower.
Full unfinished basement with concrete floor and sump pump.
Two high efficiency heating plants.
Primary - ClimateMaster geothermal heat pump (2005, new compressor 2015). source of forced-air heat, central A/C , and hot water
Secondary - high efficiency, propane fueled force air furnace (2005) acts as a backup for the geothermal heating system.
Both furnaces are automatically or manually controlled by the thermostat located on the first floor.
Aprilaire whole house humidifier (2005),
Rheem 40 gal propane hot water heater with heat retaining blanket(2009),
Peroxide water purification/hydrogen sulfide removal with charcoal filter system(2012).
Fiberglass bat insulation has been installed between the ceiling joists of the basement and insulated wrapping has been applied to all furnace ductwork(2005).
100amp electric service (2005).
Generator transfer switch/panel(2005) A Generac 7550 watt gas generator(2005) is included in the home price. The generator will power the propane furnace, well pump, refrigerator and freezer as well as a few lights.
Windows - double pane insulated, Lo-E energy efficient, tilt-in vinyl clad replacements with full length screens(2004).
Doors - insulated steel exterior doors and vinyl storm doors(2004).
Ceiling fans - living room, dining room, kitchen, family room and master and guest bedrooms.
living room (14 x 15)
dining room(12 x 15)
family room(11x 11) (separated from Living room with pocket doors - possible main floor 4th bedroom)
kitchen(11 x 13) - remodeled (2005)
custom built maple kitchen cabinets,
large open pantry, laminate countertops
Franke stainless steel deep double bowl sink.
GE self-cleaning gas range(2012)
GE Spacemaker Over the Range wall mounted microwave (2005), Whirlpool top-mount refrigerator (2011)
Amana dishwasher (2018)
Moen one-handle kitchen faucet(2005)
bathroom(4 x 11) - remodeled (2007)
ceramic tiled shower
Sterling glass sliding doors
1.6 gal/flush toilet
laundry/mud room(10 x 14)
Samsung front load high efficiency washer and propane dryer(2010)
Three season room(unheated) (10 x 11) - New in 2008; with outside rear deck w/composite decking. Access from inside through a new Jeld-Wen energy star, Low-E, argon filled, vinyl clad triple sliding door.
Screened front porch with 10 x 10 composite deck with cedar & steel railings (2016).
Wood floors - original pine wood floors on main level were professionally refinished(2007, 2011).
3 bedrooms (11 x 11), (10 x 11), (9 x 15).
unheated storage area
attic - 12 of blow-in cellulose insulation(6 added 2007)
Septic system - Replaced and upgraded(2010) with a 1000 gallon septic tank with 240 linear feet of 24 bio-diffuser plastic leaching chamber field system. A legal easement agreement filed with Carroll County to construct, maintain, repair or replace the drain field which is located on adjacent property.
Water Well - new water well, 300 deep with 168 of new steel casing(2012).
new HP pump, new pressure tank(2012)
old well decommissioned and capped.
Tractor (available separately )- John Deere 2305 3cyl diesel with
- Square Feet: 1,658
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
Additional Rooms: 8
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Built in: 1883
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0 Acres
- Detached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed