|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Approximately 70 acres surrounded by state and federal land. There are rolling hills and some small artesian wells.
Approximately 50% is wooded, oak, maple, birch, red pine. Also, several old, producing apple trees; beautiful flower gardens and landscaping.
One quarter mile frontage on public, county maintained road.
Eastern half mile boundary of property is a two-track.
Western boundary of property is federal land.
Frequent visitors to property include: deer, turkey, grouse, rabbit, fox, coyote, an occasional bear and birds of all kinds including American Bald Eagle.
Outbuildings include a large, four stall horse and storage barn, approximately 48 feet by 40 feet. The barn is equipped with water.
There is one wood fenced pasture and one tape fenced pasture for a total of about 3 fenced acres.
Additional out buildings are a wood shed, approximately 16 feet by 24 feet and piping for an outside wood burner to be connected to the house boiler heating system.
Wood log sided home situated on the crest of a hill with a "five mile view". The home is two story, approximately 3600 square feet finished living space plus a 140 square foot three season room and a 2040 square feet partially finished walk-out basement.
Four bedrooms, 5 baths; wrap around deck and full walk-out basement with brick-appearance poured walls. Two car attached garage. The house is conventional "stick built" with 2x6 exterior walls insulated with NuWool spray-in insulation. There is a hot water boiler system for in-floor radiant heat in the basement and first floor, and baseboard heat on the second floor. An outside wood burner would comfortably heat the house, or could be ignored and have heat provided by the propane boiler. All fresh water piping is copper; waste water piping is PVC.
All construction, electric, plumbing, heating is code compliant, inspected and approved
The home has a hybrid electric system. Operation can be "off-grid", not connected to commercial power. Ample electricity is supplied by an alternative energy system: wind turbines, solar panels, batteries, inverter, and a back-up propane generator. Or, the home can operate "on-grid" connected to Consumers Energy. All in-house electrical wiring, outlets and switches are code-compliant 120v 60hz.
Approximately 2040 square feet, walk-out, outside entrance, partially finished.
The full size basement is partially finished with some partitions, built-in storage shelves, and drywall on the exterior walk-out wall. The foundation walls are poured concrete and are "brick appearance". It is a walk-out basement with windows and a sliding door providing plenty of outside light. The basement has 8 foot ceilings with engineered "squeak-free" floor joists. There is a full bathroom. An outside entry door leads to a stairway to the firstfloor deck. The basement has radiant heat in the basement floor. The basement can easily be finished for additional bedrooms, a family room, an exercise room, or a mother-in-law apartment.
Approximately 2060 finished square feet; master bedroom suite, open floor plan, front and rear entrances, walk-in pantry, two stairways to second floor, three season room, wrap around deck, 2 baths.
The first floor has a great room with a cathedral ceiling and an open floor plan incorporating a dining area and the kitchen. The great room includes a floor to cathedral-ceiling cultured stone, wood burning fireplace with a raised hearth (seat height) and a stone wood box. There are sliding doors leading to the outside deck, and a door leading to the three season room. The cathedral ceiling flows over a second story loft and into the two story front entrance.
The dining area includes a dish pantry and a bay window with seating.
The kitchen has custom wood cabinetry, solid surface counters and a base with glass display shelves. Kitchen appliances include gas range, dishwasher, refrigerator and microwave. Off the kitchen area is a pocket door leading to a walk-in pantry and a laundry room with cabinets, counters, a small sink and washer/gas dryer connections.
The rear hall has an entrance from the attached garage, also an entrance to the outside deck and an additional set of stairs to the second floor. There is a full bath and a large coat closet in this area.
Off the front entrance is a large office/library with custom built-in desk and bookcases. The office is equipped with high speed internet access.
From the front entrance custom wood log stairs lead to the second floor.
The first floor master bedroom suite includes a walk-in closet and a sliding door to the three season room which is also accessible from the deck. The master bathroom features a separate toilet room, a large whirlpool bath, a separate large shower, and custom double sinks.
All floors are genuine hardwood or ceramic tile.
Approximately 1492 finished square feet, loft, three large bedrooms, two full baths, two skylights.
Custom log stairs lead from the front entrance hall to the second floor. The second floor has three large bedrooms. There are two full baths with custom tile work. A loft with custom wood accent overlooks the great room and front entrance. Dormer windows and two skylights provide plenty of light. Floors are hardwood and ceramic tile. There are two stairways to the second floor: front entrance hall and back hall.
The house is equipped with high-speed internet access, WiFi, telephone land line and satellite TV.
A bed and breakfast business is currently being operated from these premises
Current taxes are approximately $2900.00 annually.
The adjacent property is separately deeded. It is approximately 10 acres with frontage on the county maintained public road.
There is a four room rustic cabin on the property: living room, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom. The cabin includes a well with pump, septic system, interior propane piping, kitchen counter top with sink, a propane cook stove, and propane heating stoves.
In 2017, a new roof and new siding and new windows were installed on the cabin.
Bed and breakfast business Furnishings
Mineral rights Hybrid electric system
Alternative energy system Commercial use of property
Gail and Paul Gotter
Call or email for a no-obligation information package: ;
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 3,600
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 5.5
Additional Rooms: 10
Heating & Cooling
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Jetted Bathtub
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 2000
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 80 Acres
Parking: 2 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed