|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
When you turn into our drive and slowing wind to the top of the mountain, you think that you are entering the Rocky Mountains! Our home is one of the most unusual and desirable properties in Shelby County, Alabama. It is simply a rustic mountain Chalet right in the heart of Alabaster, Alabama. The home was constructed in 1979. Most of the materials were shipped in by the builder from Colorado. It features 30' & 40' solid Cedar Beams throughout the home and a tremendous amount of real stone. Over the years, the entire house has been remodeled including a $250,000 addition in 2019. The home has a variety of materials including Heart Pine, Barn Wood, Cedar, Real Stone, Ceramic Tile, Slate, Vintage Brick, Granite and Copper. It has (2) Master Bedrooms, both with master baths and copper tubs, an open kitchen looking over the great room and dining area, a beautiful master bedroom and bathroom, full basement with a huge family play room that could be used as another master bedroom, stone courtyard around a salt water swimming pool, outdoor pool covered observation deck with huge stone fireplace and several outside decks around the home. This property has indoor garage parking for up to (7) Vehicles. A collector car owners dream!
We also have a vintage style gas station with shop and a large detached garage with a rustic (Man Cave), a bedroom, full bathroom, living room and full kitchen. This building has a separate tool shop and garage for 2 cars. Our property is over 7 acres, all private with no neighbors! Total privacy right in the heart of Alabaster. Less than 2 miles from I-65 exit #238 and the Shopping Centers.
This amazing home was constructed by a bridge/crane company. The home has an incredible foundation of steel reinforced concrete walls. The second level is built on top of highway bridge trusses then concrete poured over that. The home was built to withstand any natural or man made disaster! It would take more than 1.5 million dollars to reproduce this amazing home today.
We have just installed brand new black stainless kitchen appliances.
Our home is available by appointment only to serious investors/buyers. We are broker owners and do not need a listing agent. A brokers participation fee is available to an agent who brings a qualified buyer.
We have enjoyed this amazing property for more than 12 years and are now downsizing.
- Square Feet: 6,000
- Bedrooms: 6
- Bathrooms: 5.5
Additional Rooms: 10
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 1979
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 7.03 Acres
- Detached Garage
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed