|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Charming Comfort with Open Floor Plan.
Great Neighborhood, Convenient to Atlanta
Large Private Lot!
Potential Separate Apartment Income.
Larger than it appears! MUST SEE!!!
Prospective buyer comments include:
"Pictures do not do this home justice! It's bigger and better than it appears! Awesome Great Room." "We want to get married in this beautiful back yard."
"It feels like home here, warm & inviting." "I thought you were going to ask $300,000."
Appraised for $250,000 (Appraisal copy available upon request)
Asking $229,500 - If no realtor, inspections or hassles will deduct cost of realtor fee
Spring 2018 the Owner invested $7,000+ in complete re-landscaping of the front yard.
2016 New Roof by Assurance Residential Roofing-a Master Elite Roofer, Lifetime GAF Architectural Weathered Wood High Definition shingles, Weather Watch, Pro Start, Weather Stop, Drip Edge per GA Code R905.2.8.5, Cobra Ridge Vents, GAF Systems Plus Lifetime Warranty. 10-year labor warranty (Transferable to new owner)
Terminix Ultimate Protection Guarantee - Termite Inspection Certificate is up to date. Terminix transferrable warranty on home!
2,700sf of natural daylight, large window walls make home bright and open. 2456sf heated.
Recent Upgrades - Renovated kitchen and bathrooms with granite counter tops, new sinks, faucets, tile floors, 1.6 gpf toilets & lighting. $1200 Maytag ceramic top Range with true convection oven, Rheem hot water heater installed April 2014, recent HVAC system with Warranty.
Good Neighborhood. Peaceful established neighborhood with good neighbors, no thru traffic.
Convenient location! Stone Crest Mall-3 miles. Publix-5 min, Downtown Atlanta - 23 miles. Stone Mountain Park-15 minutes. Arabia Mountain Park-10 minutes, Yellow River Park-5 min.
High-end finishes - 6 panel stained solid wood doors and moldings, oak flooring in foyer & dining room, high-end 100% wool carpeting in living room and master bedroom suite.
All brick fireplace with Woodstock Soapstone Wood Stove in the great room a $5,000 addition to the home. 500 lbs. of cozy warmth. Never be cold, even when the power goes out - you can cook on it!
Rooms - 4 bedrooms, PLUS a study (that could be a nursery/bedroom #5 adjacent to the master bedroom suite), 2 baths, great room with family and dining delineated by low bookshelf and see through cedar display wall, large playroom with south window-wall & east bay window, workshop/storage room.
Private backyard with woods behind. No neighbor on right. Shaded brick patio, large lot is a refreshing alternative to many new subdivisions tiny tree-less lots with no shade or privacy.
Potential income from mother/mother-in-law suite or rental apartment (would produce $700-$800/month extra income). Separate entrance and HVAC system.
Comcast CAT 6 cable internet (100 mbps down -12 mbps up) and TV connections in study, family & play rooms. If you choose high speed DSL internet only 700' from the Southern Bell NID duplex outlets in study are dedicated lines from the panel box.
Schools: Rock Chapel Elementary school, Lithonia High School
Children's play yard - tree fort for children!
Better built home than many newer homes. Solid wood doors and cedar siding -no plastic here!
Beautiful lush landscape by far the prettiest and most mature in the area. Designed by professional landscape architect, (25 Japanese Maples, Flowering Dogwoods, 70'+ Water Oak, Southern Red Oak, Sycamore, Hickory, Ash and Post Oak shade trees, perennial and annual flower borders and boxes - something in bloom all year!) Mature hardwood trees provide summer shade and cooling, private backyard fenced brick patio with great stone feature. Adjacent 1,100-acre forest with walking trails, streams & wildlife.
Organic vegetable garden - Decades of decomposed leaf humus soil amendments enrich the soil.
Taxes - Annual taxes $1100
Utilities average $100/mo. for gas & electric.
- Stories: 1
- Square Feet: 2,700
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 12
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 1975
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0.50 Acres
- Neighborhood information provided by Onboard Informatics © 2018. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- SchoolDigger Ratings provided by SchoolDigger.com
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Onboard Informatics and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed