|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
This 1850 treasure with a gorgeous 1925 addition at its back has been completely restored and updated with new tiled bathrooms, new plumbing, all new electrical wiring and fixtures, and insulation where possible. New metal roofs on both patio and porch and front of house. The diningroom, large pantry/garage access, and kitchen have original beadboard wainscoting and cupboards. Spectacular original kitchen cabinetry has been augmented by new pieces and a large center work island to complement it. There is a pass-through counter to the diningroom, under-the-counter frig, dishwasher and circa 1890 gorgeous functioning refinished gas stove included. The pantry contains a prized Hoosier cupboard which is included. A dreamy laundry room, located conveniently on the second floor, has wide floor-to-
ceiling original cabinetry and a drain pan for the recessed washer. Room for dryer atop it. Dryer can also be installed in the cellar. Washer and dryer are included. Master bedroom has two large closets and adjoins a bathroom with a double sink counter,1926 toilet and claw-foot bathtub and stall shower. : An equally impressive bathroom (6'7"x14'7") is connected to bedroom #2. Bedrooms #3,#4 are #5 bright and airy with very adequate closet space. The attic, accessible by a full staircase, has six windows and 500 sq.ft. of full headroom. This space is in addition to the 3500 square feet. Perfect for a luxurious rec room, studio, or additional bedrooms. Attic walls not insulated. All cast iron water radiators throughout the house have been completely refurbished and tested. A state-of-the-art Buderus propane boiler with an underground 1000 gallon propane gas tank were installed in January 2014 . A 2016 wood burning stove is installed in the diningroom to augment the heating system. Two 2014 fifty-gallon electric hot water heaters are located in the cellar.
All flooring,with the exception of two newly tiled entryways (the house has five entrances!), is original wood and has been completely refinished.The entire interior and exterior have been completely repainted. The original windows have 2013 wooden screens and storm windows. Many of the interior and exterior doors have transoms. A large basement with outdoor access sits atop a natural spring which provides the house with delicious clear water. A state-of-the-art holding tank has been added to augment the ready water supply. The house could easily accommodate a bed and breakfast operation or an inn/restaurant. Seven Springs Resort and Ski Area is a short drive away. Falling Water only slightly farther. The center of Somerset is five miles away. There is a section within the first floor which could be rented as an efficiency apartment or used as a mother-in-law unit. It has its own kitchenette, dining area, sleeping area (bedroom #6) and outside access. The garage is attached to a pantry entrance (14x34) could accommodate two cars front to back or one car and a workshop. There is a detached classic stone smokehouse (7x7) perfect for storage. Front porch (35 feet long) is elevated and has two loveseat swings suspended from the ceiling. Accessible through the diningroom there is a 2013 partially covered 530 sq.ft. terrace/patio tiled with trendy thick pavers. The 1.9 acres of property have many large pine and maple trees on it, along with 40 feet of raised vegetable beds which are very fertile and used each summer. A quiet road fronts the house along with acres and acres of beautiful farmland on all sides. A new pressure-treated wood deck sits atop an 19th century stone reservoir affording a spectacular vista. The property is currently occupied and is NOT available for a rent-to-own agreement. With a substantial down payment a owner-financed mortgage could be made available. Call owner @ 814 -289- 1786 or email @ ginnavim@ gmail.com
- Stories: 3
- Square Feet: 3,500
- Bedrooms: 6
- Bathrooms: 3.5
Additional Rooms: 19
- Living Room: 25 x 14
- Dining Room: 16 x 13
- Kitchen: 14 x 13
- Pantry: 14 x 7
- Den or Liv/sleep a: 14 x 13
- Kitchette, bath, d: 18 x 14
- Master Bedroom: 19 x 14
- Master bath: 14 x 8
- Bedroom 2: 14 x 14
- Bedroom 3: 14 x 13
- Bedroom 4: 13 x 9
- Bedroom 5: 14 x 9
Heating & Cooling
- Central Heating
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 1850
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 1.90 Acres
Parking: 2 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed