|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
This high-ceiling treasure has been completely restored and updated with new tiled bathrooms, new plumbing, all new electrical wiring and fixtures, and insulation where possible. New metal roof in most places. The diningroom, large pantry/garage access, and kitchen have original beadboard wainscoting. Spectacular original kitchen cabinetry has been augmented by new pieces and a large center work island to complement it.
A dreamy laundry room, located conveniently on the second floor, has 9'6" wide floor to ceiling original cabinetry and a drain pan for front load washer and dryer atop. Large bathroom (6'7"x14'7") connected to bedroom 2 .. The attic, accessible by a full staircase, has six windows and 500 sq.ft. of full headroom. This space is in addition to the 3400 square feet. Perfect for a luxurious rec room, studio, or additional bedrooms. Attic walls not insulated. Original cast iron water radiators have been completely refurbished and tested. A state-of-the-art Buderus propane boiler with an underground 1000 gallon gas tank were installed in January 2014 . A wood burbing stove is being installed in September 2016 to augment the heating system. Two fifty gallon electric hot water heaters were installed at the same time.
All flooring,with the exception of two newly tiled entryways (the house has five entrances!), is original wood and has been completely refinished.The entire interior and exterior have been completely repainted. The
original windows have new screens,storm windows and color coordinated insulated curtains in keeping with the style of the house. Many of the interior and exterior doors have transoms. A large basement with outdoor access sits atop a natural spring which provides the house with delicious clear water. A state-of-the-art holding tank has been added to augment the ready water supply. The house could easily accommodate a bed and breakfast operation or an inn/restaurant. Seven Springs Resort and Ski Area is a short drive away. Falling Water only slightly farther. The center of Somerset is five miles away. There is a section within the house which could be rented as an efficiency apartment or used as a mother-in-law unit. It has its own kitchenette , dining area and outside access. The attached garage (14x34) could accommodate two cars front to ba
ck or one car and workshop. There is a detached stone smokehouse (7x7) perfect for storage. Front porch (35 feet long) is elevated and has two loveseat swings suspended from the ceiling. Accessible through the diningroom there is a newly completed partially covered 530 sq.ft. terrace/patio tiled with trendy thick pavers.
Owner has right of first refusal expiring in April 2020 on approx 28 acres of farm land surrounding the beautifully landscaped 1.9 acre lot with a spectacular rear vista and pleasing front view complete with grazing cattle. Some of the benefits of having surrounding land without the cost of owning it!
Call owner @ 814 -289- 1786.
- Stories: 3
- Square Feet: 3,800
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 3.5
Additional Rooms: 19
- Living Room: 25 x 14
- Dining Room: 16 x 13
- Kitchen: 14 x 13
- Pantry: 14 x 7
- Den or Liv/sleep a: 14 x 13
- Kitchette, bath, d: 18 x 14
- Master Bedroom: 19 x 14
- Master bath: 14 x 8
- Bedroom 2: 14 x 14
- Bedroom 3: 14 x 13
- Bedroom 4: 13 x 9
- Bedroom 5: 14 x 9
Heating & Cooling
- Central Heating
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 1850
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 1.90 Acres
Parking: 2 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Onboard Informatics © 2018. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- SchoolDigger Ratings provided by SchoolDigger.com
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Onboard Informatics and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed