|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
This high-ceiling treasure has been completely restored and updated with new tiled bathrooms, new plumbing, all new electrical wiring and fixtures, and insulation where possible. New metal roof in most places. The diningroom, large pantry/garage access, and kitchen have original beadboard wainscoting. Spectacular original kitchen cabinetry has been augmented by new pieces and a large center work island to complement it.
A dreamy laundry room, located conveniently on the second floor, has 9'6" wide floor to ceiling original cabinetry and a drain pan for front load washer and dryer atop. Large bathroom (6'7"x14'7") connected to bedroom 2 .. The attic, accessible by a full staircase, has six windows and 500 sq.ft. of full headroom. This space is in addition to the 3400 square feet. Perfect for a luxurious rec room, studio, or additional bedrooms. Attic walls not insulated. Original cast iron water radiators have been completely refurbished and tested. A state-of-the-art Buderus propane boiler with an underground 1000 gallon gas tank were installed in January 2014 . A wood burbing stove is being installed in September 2016 to augment the heating system. Two fifty gallon electric hot water heaters were installed at the same time.
All flooring,with the exception of two newly tiled entryways (the house has five entrances!), is original wood and has been completely refinished.The entire interior and exterior have been completely repainted. The
original windows have new screens,storm windows and color coordinated insulated curtains in keeping with the style of the house. Many of the interior and exterior doors have transoms. A large basement with outdoor access sits atop a natural spring which provides the house with delicious clear water. A state-of-the-art holding tank has been added to augment the ready water supply. The house could easily accommodate a bed and breakfast operation or an inn/restaurant. Seven Springs Resort and Ski Area is a short drive away. Falling Water only slightly farther. The center of Somerset is five miles away. There is a section within the house which could be rented as an efficiency apartment or used as a mother-in-law unit. It has its own kitchenette , dining area and outside access. The attached garage (14x34) could accommodate two cars front to ba
ck or one car and workshop. There is a detached stone smokehouse (7x7) perfect for storage. Front porch (35 feet long) is elevated and has two loveseat swings suspended from the ceiling. Accessible through the diningroom there is a newly completed partially covered 530 sq.ft. terrace/patio tiled with trendy thick pavers.
Owner has right of first refusal expiring in April 2020 on approx 28 acres of farm land surrounding the beautifully landscaped 1.9 acre lot with a spectacular rear vista and pleasing front view complete with grazing cattle. Some of the benefits of having surrounding land without the cost of owning it!
Call owner @ 814 -289- 1786.
- Stories: 3
- Square Feet: 3,800
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 3.5
Additional Rooms: 19
- Living Room: 25 x 14
- Dining Room: 16 x 13
- Kitchen: 14 x 13
- Pantry: 14 x 7
- Den or Liv/sleep a: 14 x 13
- Kitchette, bath, d: 18 x 14
- Master Bedroom: 19 x 14
- Master bath: 14 x 8
- Bedroom 2: 14 x 14
- Bedroom 3: 14 x 13
- Bedroom 4: 13 x 9
- Bedroom 5: 14 x 9
Heating & Cooling
- Central Heating
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 1850
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 1.90 Acres
Parking: 2 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed