|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
This home has been completely renovated and upgraded. The kitchen has been remodeled and modernized and is bright, beautiful, and spacious. This includes all new counter tops with colorful ceramic tile backsplashes and lovely white ceramic tile on the floor. It has a brand new refrigerator and brand new over-the-range microwave. The range and garbage disposal are also nearly new. The remodeled kitchen comes with an added island and bar combination including new island cabinets with double roll-out drawers for pantry storage.
I have had multiple contractors working on this townhouse for over a year now. My combined expenses on this project have been well in excess of $30,000 -- so don't be surprised if my selling price is a bit higher than other homes in the area.
I chose the highest quality, thickest, plush carpet I could find. It is brand new top-grade and high-density (70 oz., which is almost unheard of). The flooring in the foyer and powder room have been replaced with matching white ceramic tile. The flooring in the dining room and downstairs rec room have been replaced with luxury vinyl planking. This planking is superior to laminate flooring and unlike laminate it is waterproof -- of course it is also more expensive. The planking I chose even has a durable padded backing. The remainder of the living area -- large living room, stairs, upstairs hallway and bedrooms -- are covered with the above luxury pile carpeting.
The home is newly repainted both inside and out. The entire interior was just repainted before the new carpet was installed. All exterior wood was sanded, caulked, and repainted with the highest quality paint. In addition I had workmen replace some old wood that had weathered, e.g. the gable facia and outdoor window sills. Also, the front bricks were just thoroughly power washed and newly painted last month.
This townhouse is an extremely strong, stable, and durable structure (unlike many newer fabrications). The foundation, underpinnings, supports, and beams are constructed entirely of concrete and steel. In addition, the exterior is brick, not wood or particle board siding. About the only wood in the house is in the bay windows, the roof/attic, and the staircases. The units are separated by concrete and block partitions on both sides -- this effectively soundproofs you from your neighbors. There is a storage room next to front door for your trash can, outdoor tools, bags, etc.
This home has a spacious 2050 sq.ft. of finished living area (plus another 425 sq.ft. of unfinished area). The master bedroom is quite large with a bay window overlooking the park and features a double-door entry and a walk-in closet. It has two full bathrooms upstairs, both with showers. One is a private bath off the master bedroom and the other has a shower/tub combination. There is an additional half bath on the main floor. The house and attic are well insulated. Also, the community has access to fiber optic cable/internet connections.
The location is fantastic. It is near Lake Forest Mall, a library, a fire station, day care centers, great schools, I-270, and short drive to the Metro station. It is easily within walking distance of the Village Lake, a strip mall, the local swimming pool, and various tennis courts. It is far enough away from the main access avenue to be quiet and peaceful. It backs right on to a park with ponds and a network of bicycle/jogging trails.
The house is one of a small minority in the development with a walkout basement. Half of the basement (on the patio side) is finished for use as normal living space. The other half is intended for use as a work (hobby) space and storage area. An added advantage of a walkout basement is it eliminates the risk of ever having your basement flooded, especially here where the terrain slopes downward toward the park below.
I can send you sharper photos if you would like. To avoid various solicitors you could try using AOL; my screen name is sigknis. The back yard is fenced in with new fence on one side. The patio currently just consists of a plain concrete slab. I never got around to improving this area but there are a multitude of possibilities here. I could easiy imagine a simple but attractive patio of white gravel and flagstone as a setting for a picnic table, lawn chairs, barbecue, and perhaps flower beds along the fences.
- Square Feet: 2,050
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2.5
Additional Rooms: 7
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Built in: 1972
- Structure Type: Townhome
- Lot Size: 1,892 Acres
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed