|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
****Free wkly housekeeping***** Grass Roof for yoga, picnics****Only $260/mth Maintenance
***Midwood Pre-Hollywood Film History****** Well positioned geographically for growth from North Brooklyn's expensive pricing****** Lots of Storage **** Pets Welcomed*****
WHY WE ARE DIFFERENT
Magellan- A Thoughtful Buying Process
You are buying the Address
BOTH Ocean Ave and Midwood
Midwood for its pre-Hollywood film making history-it was this power of the arts that may have ascended Williamsburg 20 yrs ago
Ocean Ave for its varied historical architecture- including Landmarked buildings.
You are buying History.
You are buying the Brand- Magellan
Magellan - one of Pioneer, First - "Infusing local history with contemporary art"
We instill Character, Spirit, Appearance
We care about the Value of your purchase.
When its time to resell, the above are important compared to other aged buildings.
Ask yourself, does this building have Brand, Character or Spirit distinctly identifiable?
For resale value, Buy the Different.
Possibly Overlooked ?- based on area comparison, possible buyer demographics shift, and Midwood's pre-Hollywood history?
Midwood ($600-700/sf) may be a safer investment in event of a downswing- compared to the north brooklyn. With similar subway convenience nearby, this may encourage buyer shift to south Brooklyn.
Flatbush, directly below Prospect Park, is already around $900/sf. May Midwood be possibly next in line on being possibly price influenced? Pls read our Disclaimers.
Unique Amenities rarely found elsewhere- FREE Bus shuttle to B/Q subway (wkday morning, to compensate the additional 15 min subway ride from Williamsburg/ProspectPark to Midwood - for those living now in North Brooklyn)
* All FREE services guaranteed 1st yr, subsequent yrs up for total buyers voting.
Spacious Living with "the" Views
Only 7 blocks to Chinatown at Ave U - delicious, affordable eateries!
A Different Lifestyle - A Relaxed, Healthy Lifestyle. When was the last time you truly breathe?
A Chance to truly Breathe..
A Natural Sanctuary - without the need for faraway Mountains. Close to wildlife reserves ( Forever Wild Preserves)- bird watching, hiking, biking, fishing,canoeing, and also 2 golf courses, & 15 new tennis courts and other sports(cricket!) at Marine Park (Brooklyn's largest park).
Also the gateway to the sprawling Far Rockaway Beach (5.5Miles of white sand peninsular) is only 15 min drive away- a quiet, blissful paradise right by your doorstep.
Locally, Pristine Beaches and charming Harbor with lively eateries/lounges only 10 minute drive away- its a ocean lover paradise.
Insatiable Nightlife - For those who craved nightlife, come experience the festive Emmons Ave at the harbor and its nearby highly talked about clubs and lounges -Club Tatiana.
Midwood - "the" Zen, without the need for mountains
Aspirate the Dew of origin.
Midwood - Most Ethnic.
According to article by New York Magazine, "Because Brooklyn and Queens Are Competing to Be the Most Diverse Counties in America (and Maybe the World)", based on the demographic diagram, it could be extrapolated that Midwood/Flatbush area may be the most ethnic area in the world, by variety and density.- a historical jewel of Harmony.
The "Magic Transporter of time and place"
"All the different gestures, the purest, rawest frowns, laughters, smiles, yawns, jiberish all culminated to that one single moment of realization-where millions of dreams, hopes, yearns of past, present and future all bridge to that one single moment-the moment where all of me touches the origin." - mentioned poetically by a local resident.
"The bliss didnt come from the mountains, nor the trees, the grass, nor meandering rivers.
Nor was it about any single moment.
Its a process over time, that all of a sudden triggered the realization.
The realization that helps us re-discover the bliss - the bliss that has always been within us."
"Its not a bliss where its temporary, where you have to be near it to feel it- as in mountains -
and if u leave it, its gone.
Its a feeling that stays sublimely with u, no matter where, what , when."
Ever wonder why we crave for travel to India, Africa, Tibet and all those countries?
Come experience the pure, the raw, the origin.
Come experience Midwood- the ALL in One.
The Romanticism of Midwood- originally a Dutch and English settlement, Midwood is a Dutch word-meaning Middle Wood, has a romantic feel to it- much to the likes of King Arthur or Robin Hood- due to its origin of being an isolated dense forest, mysteriously displaced in a city. As a result, it has countless variety of trees and they are everywhere- truly a explorative city oasis.
Come Experience the Greatness & Unusual-Pre-hollywood history + the Ethnic Cool vs the Metropolitan
Other attractions include our 360 view roof top garden laid with grass, mini-golf, electric massage chair, yoga mats.
Centrally Located to subway B Q lines, bus lines, all highways, multi ethnic eateries, shopping centers.
A. The Opportunity
One of glorious historic film and television origin that predates even Hollywood- in fact Midwood can be said to be the original Hollywood. However this fact may not be well known, thus an opportunity, as industry may soon realize the difference and play catchup to this possibly undervalued (priced at a steep discount to Williamsburg/Dumbo) situation. Local non-profit Midwood Developmment Corp. has been working on revitalizing the area's former historic glow in film/television- its historic roots unmatched by any area of Brooklyn. Midwood, which limited area is only 10 avenues by 30 streets, is home to renowned actors such as Woody Allen, Marisa Tomei, Beastie Boys founder Adam Yauch, and films/shows like Godfather, Cosby Show, Seinfeld, Saturday Night Live. Vitagraph Studios built the first US modern film studio in 1906 and became the most prolific American film production company by 1907, producing many famous silent films, the world's very first aviation war film in 1911, the world's first animated film in 1897, and produced some of world's first movie stars. In 1952, NBC bought part of Vitagraph Studios and rename it NBC Brooklyn- its presence transformed Avenue M into the likes of Broadway and Hollywood, with stars like Sammy Davis Jr, Rolling Stones, Sonny & Cher and Tina Sinatra, Roy Rogers performing there in tv shows. When NBC Brooklyn Color Studio 2 was built , it was the largest color TV production studio in America.
Aside film-making, Midwood is also notable for John Kennedy's and Robert Kennedy's campaigns and speeches here in the 60s. Another historical noteworthy is during the Revolutionary War, the British chased after George Washington's army through Kingshighway prior to the War of Brooklyn.
B. Possible Migration of renters/ buyers from
northern Brooklyn (Williamsburg/Prospect Park areas-avg $1200/sf) moving slightly south
and western Brooklyn (Sunset/Boro Park- avg $800/sf) moving sightly east-
for more affordable prices, possible cash flow savings, and possible appreciable upside.
All these may portend favorably for Midwood ($600-700/sf).
C. Strong Economic Support of tight knitted local communities.
D. Close to many multi-cultural eateries/retail, it is potentially the next desirable market, comparable to already prominent matured developments in Flushing and Brooklyn 8th Ave- yet priced at a sizable discount.
Built Spacious, wide layout, great wide window views & lots of sunlight in every room, higher ceilings
New 8 storey Bldg with 12 units avail -6 front-street view, 6 Back-unobstructed bridge & manhattan view, 2 balconies-daily habits, animal/bird watching, stargazing.
hard wood floors, granite kitchen top, high tubs-those daily hot tub!
Common charges plus r.e. tax per mth = $300/mth
w/ 7.5 yrs tax abatement,
7 Indoor Parking spots-50K each.
Animal Friendly Building-Pets totally Allowed-Pets are People too(Roof Garden open to pes)
NEITHER 1916 Ocean Ave LLC NOR THE INFORMATION PROVIDERS SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY, CONTINGENT OR OTHERWISE FOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE UPON THE INFORMATION. PAST PERFORMANCE OF ANY INVESTMENT STRATEGY CANNOT GUARANTEE ITS FUTURE PERFORMANCE AND LOSS OF ORIGINAL CAPITAL MAY OCCUR.
- Stories: 8
- Square Feet: 1,200
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 4
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Built in: 2017
- Structure Type: Condo
- Lot Size: 4,000 Sq. Ft.
Parking: 5 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Fenced Yard
- Sprinkler System
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed