|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
2 Alnwick island, also known as Sunset Island is located in the heart of the St. Lawrence River in Canada.
The island is a one owner property, separated from the next island by a private canal. The nearby village of Ivy Lea Ontario offers a number of for dockage for easy access. It is minutes away by boat from Alexandria Bay NY as well as Rockport and Gananoque Ontario.
Syracuse , Rochester and Buffalo NY are between 2 to 4 hours away, as well is Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal.
The property boasts a fully furnished turnkey ready two and a half bedroom cottage built in 2006. The master bedroom is located on the first floor with a upstairs guest bedroom and also has a upstairs loft extra bedroom. All rooms have spectacular views of the river.
The kitchen has a newer appliances - a new LG full size fridge/freezer and stove , as well as a dishwasher and microwave. There is an LG washer and dryer pair in the laundry room off the master bedroom.
The main floor of the cottage is easily accessed by a golf cart path with a ramp to the composite deck that surrounds over half the cottage. The deck has a separate entrance to the main floor master bedroom - providing ideal accommodations for elderly or disabled.
There is a boathouse with a ample storage as well as a upper level that could converted to a bedroom or the entire structure could possible be converted to a guest cottage.
There is electrical, DSL , and satellite installed. There are also WiFi hubs that provide full Island coverage and Nest camera system for security.
The 210' wraparound deep water dock on the Historic "Lost Channel" side of the island was constructed in 2010 made of concrete reinforced by steel, and has multiple power/water stations that light up and that would allow a handful of live aboard boats to moor for extended stays or for the season.
The area is home to world class sport fishing for Walleye, Northern Pike and Small and Large mouth Bass.
There are several great Golf courses in close proximity on both the Canadian and US sides of the River. Smuggler's Cove, Grenadier Country Club, Wellesley Island State Park and The Thousand Island Club.
Water sports are a favorite pastime - canoes, kayaks and jet skiing are common, along with sailing, water skiing.
Price: $ 750,000.00 USD
Square Footage: 1,800
Lot size: .75
Bedroom: 2 + 1
Year Built: 2006
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Central A/C: Yes
Seasonal Property: April-December
Annual Taxed: $ 5600.00 CAD
Location Address: Located on the Canadian Channel (By the Bridge)
2 Alnwick Island
Neighborhood: 1000 Islands Ivy Lea Ontario Canada
FOR SALE BY OWNER
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 1,800
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 7
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Built in: 2006
- Structure Type: Other
- Lot Size: 0.75 Acres
- Sprinkler System
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed