|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Up for sale is a 20 acre property in The Texax Hill Country Wine AVA located 20 minutes north of the city of Lampasas and about 50 minutes west of Fort Hood. This property is right off of County Road 2315 which intersects Highway 281 20 minutes north of Lampasas and is just around the corner from the Bar 17 Arena. The only restrictions on the property is 1) No Pigs, 2) No Peacocks, and 3) No mobile homes.
This is a perfect location for a Vineyard or a Family Retreat and can also easily support camping or RVing or Overlanding. The site is absolutely perfect for building a getaway or retirement home with plenty of room for a garden, a vineyard, a shooting range, and a gorgeous sunset platform.
The price is $94,000 for the 20 acres and water and electric utilities are already run to the property. There is a $100/year ranch owners association and this pays for an annual get together as well as insurance. The property taxes on this piece are averaging $35/year as it is ag exempt due to a local rancher who the Ranch Owners Association has an agreement with to let his small herd eat the grass on the ranch properties. If you want to fence it off, that is no problem, just put in a garden, vineyard, beekeeping, or a horse and refile the ag exempt paperwork. It's very simple and a very financially sound option available to you. With regard to financing, I do NOT do owner financing. You will need to get your own loan financing. All that said, it is very simple to get financing with Capital Farm Credit located here: https://www.capitalfarmcredit.com/
The neighbors are great. The closest one is about 700 yards away from the back of the property which is on the top of a hill providing 25 mile views at sunset. This is not to be missed as this property could easily support a vineyard if you so choose and there are 60 wineries within an hour's drive. Located within 30 minutes of lakes, vineyards, wineries, distilleries and camping/RV/recreational sites. One hour from Austin, 45 minutes from Killeen, one hour to Johnson City, 30 minutes to Burnet, 30 minutes to Lake Buchanan, 2 hours to Dallas or Fort Worth, and 1.25 hours to Waco. This is essentially an off grid location but with electric and water utilities run into the property. If you want a well, that is good to go on this property with an approximate cost of $12,000 to put one in. If you wish to go solar, this property gets sun all day long with no issues of trees blocking your sunlight.
To be clear, this is 20 acres of raw land that is suitable for a vineyard, a private family retreat, a weekend getaway location, a gun range, RV/camping, off road adventuring, or anything else you can think of. The price is $94,000.
- Built in: 2016
- Structure Type: Farm/Land
- Lot Size: 20 Acres
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed