|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Beautiful river-view home in scenic and historic Mathews county Va. Minutes from the Chesapeake Bay via the North river from private community boat ramp and pier. Built in 2014 as custom home, exterior is essentially maintenance free with vinyl cedar shake siding and pvc elsewhere. 3 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, with one bedroom and bath on ground level with private entrance (has been used as a B&B with good rental potential). Floors are hardwood with walnut stain throughout except fully tiled baths. Hunter ceiling fans in living area and all bedrooms. Luxurious kitchen with custom cabinets and granite countertops and island and subway tile backsplash. New fridge in summer of 2018. Huge walk-in pantry with custom handmade reclaimed walnut barn door with heavy duty hardware. Pantry has nook for extra fridge with water hookup for ice maker. Large living/dining area with built in shelving and custom base cabinets with walnut top. Vent free gas fireplace with remote and walnut mantle. Stylish half bath with custom paint. Large laundry closet with shelving and hanging rods. Large master bedroom with big closet and master bath has huge tiled shower and double sink vanity with granite top and custom base cabinet. Very large closet at end of the hall. Guest bedroom with large closet and tiled full bath with granite topped vanity of custom cabinetry. All appliances new at construction summer of 2014 with fridge replaced in summer of 2018 and new electric water heater in summer of 2017. Wide stairway for walk up attic which is ready for finishing with mechanicals in place for heat pump in future. New attic fan summer of 2019. Ground floor is huge 2 bay garage with 12' ceiling and 10'x10' bay doors with remotes, perfect for workshop with steel I-beam in center of ceiling with heavy eye bolts for hoists. Full kitchen in one wing of garage with cabinetry and large sink. Water hookup for fridge with ice maker. Garage is finished and painted sheet rock and fully insulated with multiple windows for natural lighting. Multiple 8' fluorescent fixtures for superior bright lighting. New Generac whole house standby generator (23kw) with automatic transfer switch installed fall of 2019. Ground floor bedroom and full bath has its own mini-split heat pump system for heat and a/c (Carrier). Has separate private entrance and has been used for B&B with rave reviews (income potential unlimited). New well and septic built when house built 2014. Two wide driveways (corner lot).
- Square Feet: 2,228
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 3.5
Additional Rooms: 7
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Built in: 2014
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0.25 Acres
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed