|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Looking for peace and quiet in a small town ? Updated 3 bedroom, 3 bath with an open floor plan, heated garage, he/she shed, a good for sittin front porch and a big back deck.
A 12' x 26' living room opens to breakfast bar and eat-in kitchen. Living room has new walls, new flooring, new paint, new lighting and a new ceiling that highlight the original 1920s woodwork.
Theres a half bath on the main floor.
All windows in the house were replaced 10 years ago. They are vinyl, double panes and thermal.
Kitchen has been newly painted with added trim, back splash, sink and faucet with built in sprayer. There's a butcher block kitchen island on wheels that tucks under the butcher block breakfast bar when not in use. The tall pantry cupboard features 3 lazy Susan's and pull out drawers. Gas stove, microwave, fridge, and dishwasher stay. Big picture window on one end and a window above the sink. Tall 'broom' closet hides garbage can and stores cleaning supplies.
The full bathroom upstairs has been updated with new vanity, toilet, and paint. Enjoy the walk-in shower with a seat. Laundry in the bathroom and the washer and dryer stay. Plenty of storage shelves for linens and the like.
Three bedrooms upstairs are good sized for a house of this age. All have two windows so nice and bright. Closets are big. The 'blue room' has sliding doors to a closet that is the full length of the room. The original closet is inside the new closet for even more 'out of season' storage.
An unfinished basement has a shower, toilet and sink. There's side entrance so you can clean up before going upstairs. Theres also a bonus fridge and a chest freezer that stay with the house. The basement has a wood stove that can be used to supplement propane heat. Perfect basement for a woodshop, storage, or playroom.
Back deck has built-in seating and a ramp for accessibility. Front porch is 7 x 22 and nice and shady.
Then there's the out buildings starting with a 10 x 20 two-car garage with a Renzor commercial PROPANE HEATER. Garage also has a fully enclosed lean-to and a loft for extra storage.
Theres a fully insulated he/she shed in the backyard. Could be a tiny house, granny pod, or studio. It's a former hotel unit that has an added lean-to with greenhouse windows on one side and an open-air lean-to on the other. The poutin' house has a wood stove to keep things nice and toasty. Theres a dog door, a removable dog box inside, and large chain link pen for your pooch.
And don't forget the chicken coop. Not used for chickens anymore but provides even more outdoor storage for odds and ends.
The pull-through driveway backs up to the Soldier Lutheran Church parking lot. Tons of cement for parking a fleet. There are metal roofs on house, garage and poutin house. House is partially sided.
It was a great home to my family for over 45 years.
- Square Feet: 1,299
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2.5
Additional Rooms: 1
- Built in: 1920
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0 Acres
- Detached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed