|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
225 Chase Road, Readfield, Maine 04355 Reduced to 382,500.00
Choosing to sell by owner offers much flexibility and negotiation.
If you are seeking a country lifestyle offering a quiet, peaceful location, absolutely beautiful and natural environment where wildlife visit and with the convenience of towns close by, this is a must see.
This beautiful, well built, well maintained, cottage style house is tucked in a most peaceful setting of woods and rolling hills with a pond. Many upgrades have been made as we planned to have this as our forever home. (Recently decided to move near family in Michigan.) Therefore, changes made were for efficiency and to reduce maintenance costs and time. This home affords one floor living with two suite style bedrooms and a full bath upstairs. Absolutely perfect for large family or out of town guest. The ability to drape off the upstairs with minimal heat when not in use to save on heating bills.
This is a a two owner home. The first owners built the home and we are the second owners who found this to be our dream home. There is much privacy yet close to town to meet your needs.
Two heat sources, hot water base board heat (On the main floor) with on demand hot water and a pellet stove in the basement. The second floor bedrooms and bath have individual unit electrical heat if needed.
All documentation regarding the septic system location, improvements and dates occurred, contact information for the service providers, etc. has been kept by both owners and will be passed on to the new home owners.
Enclosed front porch/mud room. August 2019
(Pictures 4 & 5 show addition)
Enlarged deck with railing, stained and weather protected
On-demand generator - turns on automatically during power
Enclosed front porch/mud room - August 2019
Great for bringing in groceries
Keeps the cold air from entering the main area of the house
Area for removing wet or dirty shoes, boots and coats
Pellet stove in basement: 2nd heat source
Stove has blower which heats the basement keeping the main
floors warm (Using less propane to heat the house)
Takes the chill out of the house in the Spring and Fall
(Savings on the propane)
Heats basement for drying clothes once washed and hung
(Savings on propane)
Water filter system - second spigot in kitchen
Slip grip coating on front walk way and bulk head stairs
There is an 18 hole whiffle ball golf course laid out through the woods for entertainment, (The first owners have the course drawn out) the pond attracts wildlife during three seasons and the option for ice skating in the winter.
- Square Feet: 2,100
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 6
Heating & Cooling
- Central Heating
- Built in: 1976
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 8.90 Acres
- Detached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed