|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
This is a place of abundant wildlife, including turkey, grouse, deer, bear and elk, as well as profuse wild fruit and edible wild plants. In addition to the wild fruit, we have apple, peach, and cherry trees, rhubarb, raspberry bushes, and medicinal and culinary herbs, that we have planted. One could truly live off this land! And, the Salmon River, which is very close in proximity, is renowned for salmon and steel head fishing, as well as white water rafting.
Outbuildings include an insulated, 14 x 32 foot shop, with a second story and an attached carport. The shop has air conditioning in the summer and a propane wall heater in the winter. As well, there is a small shed, and a fenced chicken house with yard.
There is a very large RV/ parking pad, a concrete pad for a camper, and an extra sewage line for RV dumping.
The delicious, non-chlorinated water comes from our private well, which produces 10 gallons per minute. In addition to the well, we have a buried water cistern which holds 560 gallons of water.
There are several garden areas, all of which are fenced because they are such a temptation for the wildlife!
The living/dining room has a 19-foot, vaulted ceiling with windows on all sides. Blued pine adorns the floors, windows and doors in this spacious, open living area. The sliding glass door off the dining room invites one to repose on the front deck, observe wildlife browsing, or just simply enjoy the peaceful quiet and awe-inspiring views.
The huge, dream kitchen has 28 hickory cabinets, tough, through-body porcelain counter tops, an island work area with a beautiful, solid pine top, and a breakfast bar. The floor, as well as the counter trim and back splash, are made of hand-milled, solid, blued pine. Enjoy another beautiful view while doing dishes in the double, stainless steel deep sinks, or loading the dishwasher. The five burner gas range can be used even during a power outage, (which seldom occurs here), and the oven includes a Speed Bake feature. The convection microwave, side by side refrigerator/freezer with ice maker/water are also included.
The master suite is spacious with plenty of windows to enjoy the outstanding views. Enjoy the extra-roomy, walk-in closet which affords more than ample storage space for your needs. The master bathroom adjoining the bedroom contains a 72-inch long, luxurious jetted tub, extra-long vanity with double sinks, toilet, and a large, double shower.
Hand-milled, blued pine stairs with rustic style railing lead up to the huge open loft.
The guest bedroom contains a fairly large walk-in closet and is located conveniently across the hall from the other bathroom. This bathroom has a large double shower, toilet, sink and laundry sink, as it is currently combined with the laundry room.
There is also a wired, unfinished bonus room, without windows, in the middle of the house, which could be designated for whatever purpose one wished.
Heating includes an efficient Blaze King wood stove, as well as a propane wall heater, and electric wall heaters in the bathrooms.
Annual property taxes are $788.44. Cell coverage and internet service are good. Elevation is approximately 3750 feet above sea level with weather very similar to Grangeville, ID.
Since every parcel of land in Twin River Ranch is a minimum of 20+ acres, you can enjoy the serenity of privacy, knowing that good neighbors are close enough to visit or lend a helping hand. The home owners association charges a mere $200.00 a year to maintain the roads for its property owners. For more information, you can go to the Twin River Ranch, White Bird, Idaho website.
Buyers, please be aware that the house is in excellent, move-in condition, however, there is still some finishing work to be done. Please, cash or prequalified buyers only. For more details, please call, or visit our ads on Craigslist and Zillow.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 2,300
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 9
- Loft: 23 x 21
- Bonus Room: 19 x 12
- Jetted Bathtub
- Built in: 2008
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 27.80 Acres
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed