|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Fresh water comes out of the mountain. Delicious water from your private well (with particulate filters).
Located in the small, lovely town of Eureka Springs, Arkansas, in the Ozark Mountains. In NW Arkansas 30 miles from MO line and close to Oklahoma. Eureka is a 200-years-old resort town with lovely stone buildings, beautiful trees and lakes nearby.
Populated by artists and musicians, this town offers unique entertainment.
ES has an interesting blend of people: fundamentalists and "out" gay people manage to live here together.
Generous folks live here: we have a food pantry that feeds anyone and a no-kill dog shelter. A new dogpark and Leatherwood park for team sports and hiking.
The city of Eureka sponsors weekly events for holidays, veterans' day parades, 3 Diversity Weekends a year, and lots of community fun!
Good schools; brand new high school; "alternative" school also available.
Old high school is being renovated into a community center. As of May 2017, plans are for hiking paths, bike trails, swimming pool and the fabulous organic FARMERS MARKET has a new home!
A natural food store, good doctors, small hospital, Carnegie library, historic Auditorium, and many shops, great restaurants and bars. Live music every weekend.
Churches of every denomination, including Unitarian Universalist. And, gay women and gay men are not discriminated against!
Only two blocks to town but like living in the country. On a quiet paved road.
4 seasons: a little hot in the summer and just a little ice and snow in the winter. Ceiling fans in every room
Sports possible all year long.
Raised beds for gardens with good soil; plus flowerbeds and lots of trees.
Attached garage is currently used for storage. Has freezer and additional refrigerator. Ground floor workshop.
Second story bathroom has Jacuzzi. Also, front deck (which views the pond) and back deck. Back deck off one of the upstairs bedrooms has planters and small greenhouse and growing bed, some with roses
Included are electric countertop, electric stove, full house AC with one extra window AC for bedroom that gets afternoon sun; wood fireplace with stainless steel inner stovepipe and Franklin door.
The furnace has been reworked. Propane heaters (never been used) also in two rooms in case of electric outage.
New metal roof.
Fruit trees, (apple, peach and pear), raised beds and flowers outside. Asphalt driveway with two entrances. House sits back from city street.
BACKYARD is large and fenced for dogs.
Pond is fed from mountain spring with perch, catfish and trout in it. Recently re-stocked.
Neighbors are good folks. "Mill Hollow" is secluded, beautiful and quiet; like being in the country but very close to town.
WE NEED A SMALLER HOUSE SINCE WE ARE NOW "ELDERLY". WILL NEGOTIATE SOME, BUT PRICE IS REALLY VERY FAIR FOR EUREKA SPRINGS REAL ESTATE. We are not particularly anxious to sell because we love it here, but old age creeps up.... YOU WILL BE CHARMED BY THIS PROPERTY, NO DOUBT !
We have not been especially motivated to sell this unique property and listed it in FSBO a year ago. Since then, prices in Eureka have gone up and we have to change our selling price, justified by the market in 2018. Also, please note that we cannot pay any closing fees.
- Stories: 3
- Square Feet: 2,900
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
Additional Rooms: 6
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Jetted Bathtub
- Built in: 1955
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 1.40 Acres
Parking: 1 Space
- Attached Garage
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed