|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Stunning 7 bed 6 bath gated home in the heart of desirable Historic Ridgewood. Located minutes from downtown Canton, Belden Village, Hall of Fame Village, and the highway in any direction. Newly updated and move in ready near century home. The home sits on a double parcel that is completely fenced and gated at the driveway, making for your own secure park like setting. Home sits on .66 acres, and has a gross square footage of over 6700 sf.
The full (1847sf) mostly finished basement features a bathroom, large recreational room with fireplace, storage room with built in shelving and cabinets, and large laundry room with additional refrigerator large sink/counter space and extra storage. Basement has 17 full size windows which provide ample natural light. A water filtration system (owned) features a two stage charcoal system and softener system that supplies the whole house. Additional multi stage R/O water filtration system in the kitchen for clean drinking water. The home is efficiently heated by radiant heat from the gas boiler. The heating system also features two heat pumps that can independently heat the home efficiently during warmer winter months. As a redundant back up heating source, the home also features a gas furnace and electric furnace. Multi-zone central air cools the home.
First floor features an updated kitchen with new appliances, a breakfast nook with bar and sink, antique hand laid mosaic tile, and new custom fitted blinds. Formal dining room with hand laid mosaic tile and antique leaded glass windows. Large foyer, large walk in coat closet, updated bathroom, large living room with leaded glass windows, fireplace, hardwood floors, and a large library with built in cabinets and shelving.
Second floor features 5 bedrooms, 4 of which were recently updated. Master suite has a large walk in closet, gas plumbed fireplace, updated bathroom with marble flooring, jetted tub, and separate shower. The other 4 bedrooms have jack and Jill bathrooms, each have large closets, 2 are carpeted and the other hardwood. One additional bedroom on this floor has a gas plumbed fireplace.
Third floor has 2 bedrooms with walk-in closets, full bath, a recreational room, a small reading nook, and large walk in cedar closet.
The 3.5 car detached heated garage features gas, electric, water and networking from the house. There is also a second level for storage with interior stair access.
Brief History: Davis A. Cable the owner of U.S. Quarry Tile, built this home in 1926 to showcase his company's products. The company was one of the greatest producers of floor and wall tile in the country. The tile has been used in Rockefeller Center, the Panama Canal, the T.V.A., Hoover Dam, and many major tunnels.
*Partial list provided below, a complete list will be provided at showing*
Enterprise class video monitoring and networking system (2018); concrete driveway(2018); 4 bedrooms updated (2018); fence/gate (2017); retaining walls and pillars (2017); 67 trees removed and landscape gutted (2017); ground excavated and leveled (2017); new landscaping (2018-2019); extensive plumbing, electrical, and HVAC work (2018-2019). New carpet (2018); New flat roof (2019); skylight flashed and sealed (2019); extensive copper valley, Roof tile, and gutter preventive maintenance (2018); windows cleaned (2019); Gutters cleaned and flushed (2019); Kitchen Appliances (2018); driveway and cedar fences sealed (2018); window wells raised with new block (2018)
- Square Feet: 6,700
- Bedrooms: 7
- Bathrooms: 6
Additional Rooms: 10
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Built in: 1926
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0.67 Acres
- Detached Garage
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed