|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Originally the state-owned Big Lake Fish Hatchery, Big Lake, Alaska.
The infrastructure on this property is unaffordable in todays world.
Apx. 10 Acres easily adapted to high security
Pavement to facility with Enstar natural gas service.
No immediate neighbors as this property is set in its own protected area with a vast area of space and trees surrounding it.
Purchased from and surrounded by State land holdings. There are no other buildings or structures within view but property is close to Big Lake recreational areas, fuel, grocery stores and other local shopping.
25 Minutes from Wasilla in growing Big Lake, Alaska. Far enough away with plenty of Alaska still here!
Less than 60 minutes from downtown Anchorage
Various water wells with nearly 30,000 gallons a day of water rights, established in the 1970s.
Anadromous stream (salmon migrating creek) borders property Meadows Creek
Main 2 natural gas line installed across property and connected to most buildings. Natural gas available to the balance of the property, making this facility very cost efficient. Natural gas is very rare to most of Alaska, especially to a semi-remote compound such as this outside the city.
Alternative wood and coal burning stove in unit #1 and alternative electrical heating in unit #3.
3 Completed separate living facilities (1-With Garage). Property has plans to complete (7) separate living areas once completed.
Large work-shop with rollup door, large storage carport and large three bay garage building nearly reconstructed.
Apx. 6,000 sq.ft. Hatchery Building remodeling just started to include Bunk House for 12 with full kitchen with bathroom, (3) additional hotel rooms with large entertainment area. Natural gas just tied into this building.
Massive steel structure for future lookout tower or unique entertainment location with view of Denali's Mount McKinley.
Generator building is ready for back-up generator to support the complete compound. Power for the majority of the facility is supplied via this generating station and 480/3 phase. Natural gas is available at the generating station.
Electrical power, natural gas and septic sewage disposal is installed throughout the 10 Acre property. Abundance of wood for alternative heating available.
Big Lake, Alaska considered Alaskas playground come and enjoy.
Construction is continuing here, come and visit.
- Square Feet: 15,000
- Bedrooms: 9
- Bathrooms: 6
Additional Rooms: 8
Heating & Cooling
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Structure Type: Other
- Lot Size: N/A
- Detached Garage
- Attached Garage
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Onboard Informatics © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- SchoolDigger Ratings provided by SchoolDigger.com
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Onboard Informatics and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed