|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
1. The original Barnum main house built in 1835
2. Its separate complete 2 bedroom guest house
3. The new luxury eco outbuilding currently used as a home gym, yoga studio and home office space
4. The large 2 car garage with storage loft
All of the above sits on one professionally landscaped, Franklin Historic District parcel (single property, single tax ID) that is maintained in balance with nature, using no synthetic chemicals or fertilizers. Healthy, sustainable building materials, and clean organic standards exist throughout.
The land is estimated at 1/3 acre, but lives considerably larger due to adjacent natural space and lack of fences or boundaries.
Top rated Birmingham Schools, but with only $5300 in total annual property taxes for the entire package.
The three separate buildings are perfect for professionals who work from home (as we do). This is also ideal to have a completely separate but nearby home to care for a parent or relative; or for college students or responsible high school students to have quiet study and/or living space. The main house (26255) and guest house (26265) are already set up with individual addresses, utilities, and mail service, and are also picture perfect rental income possibilities within this high rent area.
Non smoking owners with or pets.
Entertain indoors and out, using the new chef's kitchen, and the large custom built, wood-fired grill/smoker.
Perfectly maintained and inspected well and septic saves owners thousands per year in city water, sewer and irrigation bills. We will never own a home with city water & sewer after having such a fantastic (and free) 10 year experience here with this proper well & septic.
Brand new, top of the line water treatment provides beautiful, clean, clear water for showers and laundry, and new 7 stage reverse osmosis RO drinking water systems assure the healthiest drinking and cooking water possible.
Owners are eco and human health enthusiasts who support recycling, re-use, composting, indoor air quality, and balance with nature. We drive an electric vehicle and have a 240v charging station installed in the garage.
Walk to downtown Franklin in 30 seconds out the back of the property, and enjoy the Franklin Grill, Farmhouse Ice Cream & Coffee, and our quality "mom and pop" retailers, plus the Franklin Farmer's Market and the cutest little historic post office around.
For those interested, or from out of the area: Franklin is a small, quiet, exclusive village of about 3,000 people where it's easy to get involved and feel a part of the community. You can call, email, or stop in to see village leadership, the Police Chief or Fire Chief, and feel welcomed. Several known billionaires call this tiny village home, and their statuesque mansions fit perfectly among the diverse architectural and natural landscape here.
We are offering perhaps the largest property available within the Franklin Historic District; and one of the best located in terms of walking distance to downtown. Yet, there is wonderful privacy and green space in every direction here, and owners can walk the grounds in bare feet knowing everything is organically maintained and chemical free. We have been avid bird feeders and watchers for years, and the property is now approaching sanctuary level with many common and rare birds visiting. Hummingbirds and other wildlife are abundant. Plant, flower and vegetable gardening opportunities abound.
Original stone wall wine cellar. Private terraces. Perfect for entertaining. There is so much character and balance here, and the location and setting is unsurpassed. It's so easy and inexpensive to own and operate, with remarkably low property taxes and very low utilities.
Final pre-sale details are being attended to. Realtors agree that no mortgage appraisal comps exist for this historic downtown Franklin main house + guest house + outbuilding, except perhaps at the multi-million dollar estate level. We believe this will need to proceed as a cash (or significant cash down) sale. As such, and because the owners live and work here every day, financial pre qualification for cash is required to set up a showing, and 24 hours notice is necessary. Please do not "drop by" the property and interrupt the owners, who are busy running their two companies from home offices.
Offers will be written and the sale will be processed by one of metro Detroit's top Realtors, whom we have interviewed and contracted with, and title work and closing will proceed through a local title company. Individuals who contact us will have the benefit of working with and asking questions of this top Realtor. Other licensed professional Realtors serving as buyer's agents, who have prospects willing and able to provide the necessary pre qualification for cash, are welcomed to contact us.
Turn key property. Just move in, and enjoy. Full cash offers with significant deposit that include purchasing most of the furnishings will be considered first (minus artwork and some personal effects to be discussed). Includes all appliances and full laundry in both houses. The main house was professionally decorated with high end pieces throughout, and we prefer to sell it that way. We also have lots of flexibility to furnish or unfurnish the spaces to suit.
Qualified buyers may email with questions; no phone calls to start. We will receive your email inquiry instantly via iPhone, and will respond as promptly as possible during reasonable hours. Please check your bulk or spam email box for our reply, in case it is mistakenly sorted as such.
Thanks for your time, and best wishes for finding your perfect new home.
- Square Feet: 2,529
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
Additional Rooms: 8
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 1835
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0.33 Acres
Parking: 2.5 Spaces
- Detached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed