|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
We are 2/10ths mile off of the main road down a winding gravel drive and cannot be seen from the road. There is a large wrought iron gate for safety and privacy. The Bamboo is amazing!
This is a very large and comfortable home that is decorated with European Grace and sensibilities. The layout of the house is ideal and has an excellent traffic flow. The color palette consists mostly of golds and greens in earth tones. The wall coverings are tasteful and subdued. The home has several heating and air conditioning zones allowing the owner to set different temperatures depending on usage. This home is solidly built with construction features only found in the best homes. The lower level has interior block walls and an I-beam spanning them to give extra strength and solidity to the first floor. The home is very quiet with little noise flowing from one area to another.
The lot is Seven Acres with a lard yard, some wooded area and a large pond w/dock. There are several varieties of bamboo growing which adds privacy and a unique feel to the property.
The living room is done in a British Isles theme and features a real wood-burning fireplace, built in display cabinets/entertainment center. The furnishings include Baker Milling Road Collection Nesting Tables, Bernhardt American Anthology Collection Coffee Table & End Table, Oval Leather Drum Table, Milling Road Collection Sofa, English Cottage Settee, Rattan Chair and Ottoman. There are two custom Wall Chairs on either side of the foyer entrance. The items on the walls, including the clock, artwork, mirror, etc. are included in the sale.
Features a vaulted ceiling with lots of windows to let sunlight in. It is filled with a lot of custom greenery including bamboo which ties into the view of the backyard that has several varieties of bamboo. Includes a comfortable sofa, two (2) rattan chairs, a coffee table and has a four seat tea table for playing cards, enjoying a leisurely breakfast or hosting ladies for an afternoon.
This is the large master bedroom and includes a Split-King Adjustable Bed, large chest of drawers and a dresser with mirror and matching end table on one side of the bed. There is a storage bench at the foot of the bed and an oval table with chair on the other side of the bed. All artwork, draperies and bedding have been selected and coordinate beautifully. This is a very comfortable and relaxing room and has a similar spirit to the Sunroom that is on the other side of covered wood deck that adjoins the two rooms via the French Doors. The draperies are of expensive fabrics and the doors have sun blocking Pull Down shades.
This large bath has his and hers washbasins, two person shower stall, large whirlpool bath, separate toilet room and two sided walk in closet. Artwork, wall paper and accessories have been carefully color coordinated and the result is another comfortable and beautiful space to get away from it all. The windows also have pull down shades.
This bedroom is decorated in an island theme and features a Queen Size Canopy Bed with palm fronds on top of the posts. Artwork, draperies and matching pillows complete the look and feel. The attached bath is color coordinated and bedroom also has a walk in closet.
This bedroom is in blue, with a Queen Size Bed and its own bath and large walk in closet.
The large dining room features a three-leaf table with four side chairs and two armchairs. There is a matching china cabinet & hutch and a buffet with mirror. Beautiful draperies coordinate with tasteful wallpaper and accessories.
The kitchen features solid granite countertops, oven & stove, dishwasher and side-by-side refrigerator. The double sink has a disposal and a Reverse Osmosis water dispenser.
Wonderfully large laundry room with closets and space to fold and iron laundry. Samsung Professional Washer and dryer are included.
Lovely powder room with pedestal sink and nice decor give a comfortable feel to this Guest Bath.
This large bedroom has a Western Lodge dcor. It features a queen size bed, dresser w/mirror and side table. It has a large walk in closet and a private entrance to the downstairs bath.
Just what everyone wants - a game room with a pool table, dart board, foosball, etc. The green of the walls is color coordinated with the green felt on the pool table.
Large bedroom with two deep closets, a Queen Bed with dresser & mirror.
This office is fully functional for a business. It has a large built in desk with filing cabinets, adjustable bookshelves, & storage cabinets all crafted from solid oak.
Behind the office is the Vault Room. The room is protected by a steel entry door and a six panel solid wood door and is the perfect place to put a safe or seek shelter during severe weather. (Although the entire basement is a fortress and would stand up to a tornado)
Leather sofa and two matching leather double recliners plus 70" Samsung Tv. There is a wood burning stove with a brick wall behind it for safety and beauty.
There is a second Kitchen! With plenty of storage, double sink with disposal, refrigerator and lots of counter space. There is plenty of room for a kitchen table in this area and there is plenty of light coming through the four tall windows and entry door that leads out to the back patio.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 6,500
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 4.5
Additional Rooms: 1
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 1992
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 7 Acres
Parking: 2 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed