|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Welcome to this beautiful, turn-key home in the very desirable (private) Lake Chautauqua Community! Just mere minutes to Carbondale/SIUC Campus, located outside Murphysboro city limits, which means less taxes for you.
268 Lake Drive is a Gorgeous, 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath Colonial style home. Brick front with vinyl siding, new poured front porch with gorgeous columns that reach up to the top, giving it a very upscale appearance!
At just under an acre, the yard is absolutely beautiful loaded with perennials, landscaping, a deck in the back with attached gazebo, and a long private black top drive.
The wooded lot next to the home has been deeded to the Lake Chautauqua Community and will remain 1.5 acres of private woods.
It's wonderful Hilltop view overlooks Chautauqua Lake! Three bedrooms and 1 of 2 Living/Family Rooms overlook the Lake!
The lake is wonderful for swimming, fishing , paddle boats or canoes. It has a lovely covered Pavilion, new docks (including a floating swimming/sunning dock) and firepit for cookouts and Smores!
EVERYTHING has been done for you, completely move-in ready! Antique Front Door and Sidelights have been refinished, Sub Floors, Flooring, Electrical and Drywall, Insulation, Paint throughout, Interior Doors, Colonial style High Baseboards, Wainscoting and Chair Rail, amazing TANKLESS HOT WATER HEATER (Eco money $aver!), Anderson French Doors, Sliders and Windows in the Sunroom - the list goes on and on!
CUSTOM Kitchen with Painted/Glazed Cabinets, 2 Lazy Susan's, Soft Close Doors, including Soft- Close Cabinets and Pantry - HUGE antimicrobial Quartz Island with seating for 3 or more! Deep satin finish Farm sink with Automatic on/off Faucet in Island, along with Dishwasher and pull-out Trash and Recycle Bins.
QUARTZ is naturally antimicrobial and stronger than granite too!
Appliances include; New Stainless French Door Refrigerator, Microwave, Range and In-sink Disposal. Kitchen is open to Dining and 1 of 2 Family Rooms.
New Baths on Main (Powder Room) and Second floors including Full Bath and Master Bath edition.
White Plantation Blinds, upstairs and down, not to mention a beautiful Oak Staircase!
Newer Tilt-in easy clean Windows upstairs - Anderson down.
Easy to care for hard flooring downstairs (tile and real hardwood), with newer carpet up.
Both the Full Bath and Master Bath feature porcelain tile flooring for easy care. Huge Soaking Tub in Full Bath (fits an average size adult) - Granite Sink. Custom tiled Master Bath with gorgeous vanity and Quartz top, custom paint color and soft-close drawers. His/Her closets run deep in the spacious Master Suite.
Amazing Sunroom has its own heat/AC (one of three HVAC units in home, eco friendly) has been updated with whitewashed solid pine wood walls and tile floor.
The TWO living/family rooms along with Sunroom flow together seamlessly for family events/entertaining.
Laundry/Mud Room off Garage has custom built-in for Shoes - Hooks for purses, jackets, etc.(Negotiable) Stacked Laundry unit (Negotiable), standard size will fit too.
Lovely storage throughout. Huge Coat Closet in Foyer, under-stair storage, Large Closets, Pantry.
Need more Storage? Check out the Shed (freshly painted) that's included. Will fit a zero-turn Mower and ALL your TOOLS!
FURNITURE INCLUDED; Cherry "Millennium edition" Master Sleigh Bed (Queen with Pillowtop Mattress and Box Springs) and 2 large dressers (one with XL mirror attached) are INCLUDED in sale price!
Home features a 1.5 car Garage with workspace/bench along with an exterior Carport.
Blacktop drive has been sealed, rear Deck painted/sealed. Deck features a Gazebo which makes for an AMAZING Grilling space - no matter the weather!
The Backyard is very Private with a "fence" of enormous Evergreens! Nice, shady area between home and protected wooded area.
HOA (due once yearly, Sept. 30th - breaks down to approx. $57/mo) includes Sewage, Private Beach with Pavilion, Private Lake and a secluded, Tranquil community. Tons of rabbit, deer and wildlife to watch. Lovely people, great places to walk - esp. with "man's best friend."
*NO REALTOR/BROKER CONTACT PLEASE.
*NO furniture (OTHER than noted in Master, 3 pcs plus mattresses), Antiques, Decor, ect. are included in price/NOT for sale, non-negotiable
* NONE of the exterior Decor, and some Plants do NOT stay.
*Will need bank/lender letter of Approval.
Buy today, For Sale By Owner BEFORE it's listed and price goes up by the thousands!
Beautiful home with lovely touches and high-end updates! Nothing like it, completely one of a kind!
It's a steal at $199,900! - Call, Text or Email, more on Zillow, Craigslist/So IL.
24 hr notice before requested showing time.
-No shoes allowed in home.
-No pets at showing.
-Children need to be able to control themselves (NO playing with toys, dolls, Legos, etc in the home), or a sitter is strongly suggested.
*Due to being priced WAY UNDER investment, home is being sold "as is," but if an inspection is requested at buyers expense, we will allow access to the home.
*Minimum $750 down with signed contract to begin home buying process.
*No fees will be paid on sellers end except what is customary with seller's bank.
Check will be cashed upon signed agreement and held by seller's bank.
- Stories: 2
- Square Feet: 2,200
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2.5
Additional Rooms: 11
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0.70 Acres
Parking: 1.5 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed