|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
This stunning home with impressive views of the Missoula Valley is located on prime Montana real estate and comes with 10 plus acres (7 acres are on a separate deed and included in the price). Driving past the beautiful estate's vineyard, the rolling hills of Italy come to mind. Surrounding the property are 100's of acres of designated wilderness and open space land which will never be developed. This easily provides an abundance of privacy and yet you are only a few minutes from Downtown Missoula and access to its many cultural offerings. A cobblestone walkway winding around the property leads to verandas or an enclosed private courtyard with an enchanting fountain, raised herb garden, garden house and more. Multiple seating areas around the grounds are perfect for intimate dinner parties or large social events. With top of line craftsmanship, many desirable amenities, and attention to detail it is easy to appreciate that this home has been designed to provide a convenient and enjoyable lifestyle that one would expect in a home of this quality. A feeling of warmth and welcome is pervasive in this Montana escape.
The five large bedrooms offer exceptional views with four of the rooms having outdoor access to sitting areas. Each bedroom is accompanied by a large full bathroom and ample closet space that includes built in dressers. Two half baths, additional closets, a very large storage/studio room with shelves, a huge mud/laundry room, a separate TV/Game room, and a four car garage are some of the offerings.
The donor structure, a pre-civil-war warehouse, adds warmth and elegance thanks to it's contribution of the impressive eleven inch oak floors (custom milled for the home), the tongue and grove ceilings, and old pine beams. The grand room off the kitchen, the library and multiple bonus rooms offer plenty of space for you and your friends to relax and gather. Numerous features include custom architectural millwork, 10 inch crown molding, 9.5-foot Sinker Cyprus wooden interior doors, and exquisite masonry work. All of the stone came from a South Dakota seabed and was hand chiseled on site. Tastefully hand-crafted metal and Venetian glass light fixtures were specifically designed for this home. Tumbled marble floors, twelve-foot ceilings, two custom fireplaces with wrought iron and glass doors add to the beauty of this home. A lovely wrought iron vineyard gate along with mesmerizing views of the Missoula Valley make this a one of a kind property. This comfortable 10,000 sq. feet plus home is a celebration of luxury and rustic elegance. It is for the discerning individual seeking an an enriched life style. It is a retreat for those that command the finest quality and craftsmanship available where luxury and elegance are seamlessly balanced with rustic wilderness.
Missoula is home to four major mountain ranges, three blue ribbon trout streams, nine best-selling authors and the University of Montana. It offers unlimited accessible outdoor activities including skiing, hiking, biking, fishing and hunting. The home and setting are unique with a truly amazing private view. Sitting on the veranda with a glass of wine watching the sunset over the mountains, deer are likely to pass as you come to understand why John Steinbeck fell in love with Montana.
- Stories: 3
- Square Feet: 12,461
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 7
Additional Rooms: 13
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Jetted Bathtub
- Built in: 2004
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 10.50 Acres
Parking: 4 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Fenced Yard
- Sprinkler System
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed