|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
This home has an open floor plan with large, inviting rooms, all with crown moldings. The huge kitchen has been completely remodeled with custom cabinetry, high end appliances, Marvin windows and Brazilian Cherry floors. The gourmet cook will love all the cabinetry, built-in bookcase, granite counters, professional 5 burner stainless DCS gas range with grill, DCS hood and back-guard, built-in full 2-door refrigerator and freezer, as well as the Lutron zoned lighting, kitchen nook and other amenities.
The main foyer has beveled glass doors leading into the dining room and living room and another 4 sets of these original walnut finish beveled glass double doors open to the east and west sunrooms to extend the expansive feel of the first floor; great when entertaining. The sunrooms off the dining and living rooms let in light to radiate throughout the first floor. There are also two beautiful brick wood burning fireplaces on the first floor. Floors are all hardwood flooring, including original oak, as well as newer American and Brazilian Cherry, excepting the baths which are tiled floors.
All 5 bedrooms in the main house have their own private bathrooms. The second floor consists of 4 bedrooms, the office/library with its raised ceiling and built in original oak cabinetry. There is also a cedar closet for wool coats/suits and a separate linen room with a wall of built in cedar cabinets/drawers to store towels, linens, and woolens, etc.
The basement assessable via the back staircase, has a separate laundry room, tool room, and original cork-lined cellar with two large maple refrigerator doors which would make a nice wine cellar.
Above the 3-car heated garage connected to the house via a roofed patio/breezeway there is a 2-bedroom apartment (originally maids quarters) which has been remodeled and would also make a great studio for artisans.
This beautifully updated historic home is walking distance to schools and restaurants, yet within minutes of many recreational activities, close to Erie and up State New York. Besides being a beautiful family home, it would easily make a beautiful B&B and/or Airbnb.
- Stories: 2.5
- Square Feet: 5,974
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 5.5
Additional Rooms: 8
- Mother-in-law Apartment
- Built in: 1930
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0.44 Acres
Parking: 3 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Fenced Yard
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed