|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
House was built in 1886 as part of a plantation, Various upgrades includes new Central heating and cooling, new gas water heater, new roof. New plumbing under the house. Added foyer and bath. Cabinets. There is a detached Garage and 16 X 24 storage shed. House is in rural Straughn School district with bus pickup. The tax appraisal is not available as we are exempt from property taxes since 2000. There are pecan, fig & blue berry trees on the property. Serious buyers only need apply. Due to so many scammers, all paper work will be conducted through a lawyer. This home is part of our history. It has a pantry for dry and canned goods. It is close to stores, Gantt and Point-A Lake. The bus comes by to pick up the kids for Straughn School. House is in very quiet neighborhood with a lot of good people for neighbors who are not in your business but are there for you if you need them. There is a church right down the street. The yard is big enough to have a garden and has several pecan trees, blueberry bushes, fig trees and blackberry bushes. House is not far from town and centrally located between many large cities. Montgomery is 87 miles north, Destin, FL is 70 miles south, Dothan is 79 miles east, Pensacola, Florida is 90 South East, all depending on the route you take. This area is not typically affected by hurricanes but still close to the beach but still close enough to the beach if you want to go when it's sunny. Property taxes are low for those who still pay that. If you are ready to retire from up north or sick of high insurance and property taxes in Florida, this is the place for you.
- Stories: 1
- Square Feet: 1,588
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
Additional Rooms: 4
Heating & Cooling
- Central AC
- Central Heating
- Built in: 1886
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 50,530 Sq. Ft.
Parking: 2 Spaces
- Detached Garage
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed