|Month||Avg. High (°F)||Avg. Low (°F)||Avg. Precipitation|
Welcome to Rockwood Estates, a small quiet neighborhood nestled in the San Juan Forest. Paved roads, all utilities, and great neighbors. Only 20 minutes north of Durango and 15 minutes south of Purgatory Ski Resort.
This custom build home, sits on the largest rim lot in the development overlooking the mountains, the meadows, a seasonal stream, the Glacier Club golf course and miles of nature. Watch the elk and other wildlife in the meadow below. Enjoy the Durango & Silverton train pull in and out of the Rockwood Station. Reflect back to a simpler time. Life is good here.
As you enter the home, your eyes are drawn to the floor to ceiling window wall in the family room beyond, to the majestic mountains of Colorado. The family room is quiet large with wood floors and a wood cathedral ceiling. The beautiful moss rock gas/wood fireplace with a wall to wall hearth. The room is wired for theater sound. Two large glass sliding doors provide access to a new composite deck with steel powder coated railing.
An open floor plan encompasses the newly remodeled kitchen with its stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, a large island, wet bar with wine cooler, beautifully painted cabinets and tile floor. If you would prefer to dine outside, you can access another new composite deck. Enjoy your perennial garden right by the deck.
Continuing on the main floor is the powder room and the large Master Bedroom with a balcony through the glass doors to enjoy your morning coffee and the fantastic views. The Master Bath has an oversized shower with a bench, Jacuzzi jetted soaking tub, double sinks, private toilet and a walk in closet.
Four bedrooms and three baths await you on the second floor. All bedrooms are large enough to accommodate king size beds. Two of the bedrooms have adjoining baths.
The laundry room is located on the main floor. It has a new Maytag washer, dryer, a deep stainless steel sink, a countertop and ample cabinet storage above. The oversized attached garage is accessed through the laundry room. There is a built-in work bench with storage above. The garage is large enough to house a four door pick-up, another car and a motorcycle.
In the walk out basement is a hot tub, a large dry sauna, a TV and room for workout equipment. Through the sliding glass door is a small patio. Beyond is the large backyard with a fire pit by the rim to enjoy the nights, smores, good friends and life.
- Stories: 3
- Square Feet: 3,541
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 4.5
Additional Rooms: 9
- Family Room: 20 x 26
- Master Bedroom: 20 x 14
- Kitchen: 15 x 15
- Garage: 24 x 28
Heating & Cooling
- Central Heating
- Security System
- Jetted Bathtub
- Built in: 1985
- Structure Type: House
- Lot Size: 0.61 Acres
Parking: 2.5 Spaces
- Attached Garage
- Sprinkler System
- Neighborhood information provided by Home Junction Inc. © 2019. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- GreatSchools Ratings provided by GreatSchools.org
- Disclaimer: “School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Home Junction Inc. and are subject to change. Check with the school directly to verify enrollment eligibility.
- All pictures, details or descriptions of any property, condition of title, value or otherwise is provided for informational purposes only and may not represent the true and current status of the property now or at the time of sale. Neither ForSaleByOwner.com, nor Seller’s Broker shall be liable for any allowance, adjustment or revision in value of any property based upon the failure of such property, its appliances, its fixtures or its floor plan to conform to any specific standard. ForSaleByOwner.com hereby disclaims any representations or warranties as it relates to all information found herein.
- The information available on this page is for marketing purposes only.
- Please contact the Listing Agent or Seller directly for inquiries regarding this property and/or to make an offer.
- Fraud & Scam Awareness
Unfortunately, there are people that will use internet sites like ForSaleByOwner.com to run all manner of scams on users. We do all that we can to prevent the willful misuse of our platform, however; every day, the scams get more and more sophisticated. We ask that our users be cognizant of the risk and review the following basic ways to recognize and avoid being scammed.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Scams:
- Use secure, traceable transactions when making payments - Do not pay a deposit by wire transfer, prepaid money card, gift card, or other non-traditional payment method. Also, refuse to make "overpayments" and never enter into "handshake" deals without a contract.
- Don't accept suspect cashier/certified checks or money orders - Banks will process and cash the fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Never give out financial or personally identifiable information - This includes banking and credit card information, your birthdate, Social Security/Social Insurance Numbers, PayPal account etc.
- Suspicious communications - Watch for parties communicating using poor grammar, spelling or those who send nonsensical messages. Be wary of parties that are only willing to text/email and those that will never speak on the phone or that refuse to meet in person. Generally these people will claim to be "travelling" and unavailable to talk or located in a foreign country and unable to speak other than via text or email.
- Deals Too Good to be True - If the list price is obviously too low, or the terms are too generous as compared to the market, it’s likely a scam.
- Don’t be pressured to act immediately - Scammers typically try to make you think a listing is in high demand in order to push you into immediate action without consulting family, friends, or financial advisors. Say no to high pressure sales tactics.
- Who Should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for armed service members and families)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
- If you suspect that a listing posted here may be connected to a scam, please send us the details at email@example.com or call us at 888–FOR–SALE.
Let us help.
Call us toll free at
1 (888) FOR-SALE (1-888-367-7253)
Monday – Friday 8am - 8pm (Eastern Time)
Saturday – 11am – 3pm (Eastern Time)
Sunday – Closed